Chapter 28

Warning: may be triggering for suicidal thoughts

Let me know what cha think :)

Korra quietly made her way down the stairs. She could hear her uncle in his office. Korra walked down to the office and peeked in.

She saw her uncle, talking on the phone. He was flipping through his papers, writing stuff down. Probably on an important phone call. But Korra needed to talk to him.

Korra of course was a bit hesitant. Ever since she moved out of town with her uncle, she never saw her friends or Asami. Of coarse they texted and video chatted but nothing else. But over the last 4 months, Korra had grown a bit more distant towards them.

Korra realized that she had made a big mistake leaving. Her uncle was a business man, CEO of his own company kinda thing. He was constantly working and barely home, leaving Korra to fend for herself most of the time. When he was home, he was either sleeping, on the phone or doing paperwork. The man lived off of coffee and breakfast bagels.

He barely went food shopping, and sometimes, when he was stressed out, he'd blame it on Korra. The teen was afraid to even be around the man sometimes. He reminded Korra of her father when he was angry.

School was just as lonely. Korra didn't have any friends. Just like in her old school, she was picked on, but this time, it was most the school. Even the teachers would make a mean comment to her, causing her to be the laughing stalk of the class. Korra sat alone at lunch. She'd get pushed around and shoved and tripped. The words were the worst.

Korra would be called stupid, ugly, a waste of space, a nobody, which in Korra's mind, was kinda true. She was a nobody.

Korra hadn't been able to work up the courage to tell her uncle about these things. She was scared of what would happen if she told someone. Would he help her??. He did care about Korra. He did. He just had a bad way of showing it.

Korra hadn't felt that alone since before she met Asami and her friends. Korra always had them on her mind. Every night Korra would have to hide the bruises from Asami when they video chatted. Asami didn't see a thing. Korra was back to how it was before. Lying to her and hiding her bruises.

This was not what she had in mind when she thought of living with her uncle.

Korra lightly knocked on the door frame. Her uncle looked up at her.

"Yeah", he said into the phone. "Hold on just a second".

Pulling the phone away from his ear, he looked at Korra.

"Yeah??. What's wrong??".

Korra took a step into the office.

"I uh....... need to talk to you about something".

"Can it wait??", the man asked. "I'm on a very important phone call".

Korra fiddled with her sleeve.

"It's kinda important".

The man sighed and went back to his phone call. He held up a finger, signaling her to wait.

"Yeah. I'm back".

Korra suddenly felt like she was bothering him. She felt bad. She was interrupting a phone call because of a few bullies in school. How stupid was that??.

Korra's eyes shifted around the office, looking at all the papers and folders and the cup of coffee on the corner of the desk.

Korra waited while her uncle finished up the call. It was a half hour later that he finally hung up.