Chapter 27

Let me know what cha think :)

Korra fiddled with her long sleeve. She felt her nerves running around inside her going crazy. They were in court right now. 

Korra knew that any second, her father was going to come through that door, probably wanting to still have her head on a platter. Korra felt her heart pounding in anticipation.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. Turning her head, she saw Asami standing there, smiling softly at her.

"Hey", Asami said gently. "You okay??".

Korra nodded and looked back at the door. She chewed on her bottom lip.

"I just........ I don't think I can face him again".

Asami frowned. She hated that Korra was still scared even when her father would not be able to physically get to her. Korra was obviously emotionally scarred. She'd be free of the physical abuse but the mental abuse would leave scars and thoughts and memories in her head forever.

Asami looked around the room at the jury. She saw their friends, with Naga beside Mako and Bolin, watching with worry on their faces. She flashed a sad smile. Looking at Korra, she smiled.

"Hey", whispered. "Look at me please".

Korra's eyes shifted around before landing on Asami.

"It's gunna be alright", Asami said. "I know you're terrified to see him again. I'd be too. But I'm right here and know that I won't let anything happen to you. I won't. Plus, the guys are sitting right there".

Asami pointed at their friends. The group of teens noticed and smiled, some waving.

Asami looked back at the blue eyed girl.

"So if your dad tries to get to you, they'll spring into action and your dad will have to go through them, the security, and me before he gets to you. And trust me".

Asami chuckled. "I think we can take him down a second time".

Korra smiled. "Yeah. He wouldn't want to deal with you again. He'd be running for the jail cell just so he'd get away from Asami Sato".

The pair laughed. Asami looked at Korra.

"Plus", Asami added. "The judge said Naga can stay here with you during the whole thing".

Asami turned her head to look at her friends. She motioned for Bolin to come up. He, with Naga on a leash, came up to them. Asami took the leash and handed it to Korra. Naga wagged her tail, happy to be with Korra. Korra felt more relaxed.

She gently pet her four-legged companion. She smiled.

"Thanks girl", Korra said.

Naga nudged her hand softly. She sat down beside Korra's seat. Korra looked up at her.

"Thanks for bringing her", she said. "I'm freaking out inside. I really don't wanna be up here alone. But now I have Naga with me and you guys near by to look at, so I think I'll be good".

Asami smiled. "When we get home, we can stay in bed and watch movies all day. Just me, you, and Naga. Deal??".

Korra smiled. "Alright".

Suddenly the wooden door at the entrance of the courtroom opened. Korra felt her breath stop. Led by three officers, handcuffed and dressed in orange, came her father. The man was led to his stand.

Korra didn't think she'd be this scared. Her heart was pounding in her chest. Tonraq looked up. Their eyes met. Tonraq gave her the most scariest look Korra ever saw in his eyes. Asami stepped in front of her, blocking Tonraq from Korra's view.