Ukitake x Reader

"Captain! You're too sick!!!" "I'm fine, and besides its only in the garden." Jūshirō makes his way outside his room determined to be well enough to be outside for at least a while. "But Captain!!!" He sighs satisfied as he steps outside feeling completely fine. His two caretakers shake their heads, they knew that the Captain was totally love-sick.

You had informed Jushiro that you would be back in the soul society for a week. Your job is to guard the human world but sometimes you had a few days off such as now. You were always excited to go back and spend some time with Jushiro, he was the most important person to you- not to mention you love him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jushiro smiled waiting patiently for you to arrive to his estate. The caretakers could tell he loved you very much to try and be outside for you even if he was on the verge of collapsing. "Shiro." You say happily and he smiles as wide as he can "(Y/N)!" You move to hug him as he hugs you back but tighter. You blush letting go and begin chatting happily with him. "Isn't it a beautiful day." He says staring at you and you look down pulling a strand of hair behind your ear. "W-why are you staring at me then??" He was about to answer but it turns into a fit of coughs as he bends over holding his chest using the other arm for support. "Shiro!!!" You hold him and call his two friends over to help you take him inside.

Now here you were sitting beside him with a concerned look, Jushiro layed on the futon with a bothered expression. "It's always like this (Y/N)..." You sigh and hold his hand "Shiro...if you didn't feel well you should have stayed inside." "But we are always inside because of me...I'm always too sick to be everywhere else." You smile at him "anywhere we are, it doesn't matter. As long as I'm with you." You confess blushing. He looks at you with wide eyes then he smiles at you ushering you down and you both kiss gently.

You pull away with butterflies in your stomach, your childhood friend and love just kissed you. Jushiro moves over to you and lays his head on your lap. "I don't mind resting like this" he closes his eyes as you stare at his angelic sleeping face.