Hisagi x Reader

Picking up the heavy bucket of clothing you grunt while trying to take it inside, slightly wobbling from side to side. You worked in what you considered an 'orphanage' in the Rukon district. It wasn't an official orphanage but just a small cabin with a bunch of kids who came together from time to time, when you found out about them you decided to take care of them...you understood what it felt like to grow up without a parent in the soul society.

As you were about to officially tip over, someone strong took the bucket from your grasp. You looked up and instantly smiled at your childhood friend, and love; Hisagi. "You shouldn't carry such heavy things (Y/N), it can be dangerous." You waved him off with a blush "it's alright-it's just clothes." He shook his head and asked where to put it, you directed him inside where all the talking kids directed their attention to the strange man. As he put the clothing down a kid interrupted the silence "Hey (Y/N) Nee-san, is he your boyfriend?" You flustered a bit and look towards Hisagi, he had a composed look turning to you, giving you a look that you thought said 'you answer'. You only shook off the boy with a "go help your friends fold the clothes", after that you and Hisagi went outside...it was quite awkward while you watered the plants. "Hey." You jump startled and turn at Hisagi curiously. "Y-yes?" He has a faint tint of red over his cheeks "Do you really not know your feelings towards me?"

You narrow your eyes to the side and turn slowly to start harvesting the ripe vegetables. "I'm not sure what you feel Hisagi-kun." You started quietly "you after all did leave me to go to Sereitei, I don't know what is right to feel for you." Hearing this his eyes widen, "but it doesn't matter what's right. In my heart there has always been you, even if you left I still continued to love you endlessly." You finished smiling while still picking the veggies. "(Y-Y/N)!" He bent down to your level while wrapping his muscular arms around your shoulders, you gasp a little in surprise at his actions. He buries his face into your hair while mumbling "I left to protect you." You stayed quiet "I had to get stronger, I couldn't live in peace anymore if the person I love was going to get hurt again. So I trained to protect you, and now that I can, I came to get you to live with me."

Tears of happiness slipped down your cheeks, you recalled in the past when you were attacked by a hollow; that's what triggered him to leave to become a soul reaper. You both stood up and held his hands "Hisagi, I'm very thankful that you became stronger for my sake-and I love you but, times have changed. These kids need me now." He only nods at you "then at least promise, to be mine." He says this turning away with a red face. You giggle, he was always the shy stubborn type. You lean up to plant a soft kiss on his lips, he smiled into it. "Hey Eri you owe me your mash potatoes tonight! They're kissing right now!" You both turn with wide eyes to see a kid running inside. You both laugh as he takes your hand, you smile at him gently as you make your way inside, "maybe we might have kids some day." You say jokingly, but Hisagi nods his head firmly. You hit his shoulder playfully "stop being so serious, the kids are going to be scared of you." He laughs, then you start introducing him. That night he stayed for dinner and left telling the kids he'll come back and train them(since they practically begged) and in return Hisagi had them promise to protect you from any other man...and danger too, but mostly the men.