Renji x Reader

*Based on the Bleach movie hell verse, so like, warning for spoilers I guess? Haha*

You layed down bored on one of the tetris like platforms, in the first level of hell. "Man, these days are no fun... I need new friends...not that i want anyone to come here though!" you said worriedly. Just then a portal opened making you excited "welcome to hell! The most terrible place you'll ever live but dont worry! You have me and-" you stopped as you saw Shuren come in with his creepy minions. You sigh annoyed. "Oh its just you weirdos again..." Shuren grows an irk mark. "Shut up, you're the weirdo, who the hell welcomes people who come here anyway." you giggle. "You just made a hell pun!" he grunts and walks off as you gasp of the sight of a young girl. "Hey! You aren't supposed to bring humans here! What has she done to you anyway!" "Just shut up and stay out of our way, we have a mission and when we're done you'll be stuck miserable here while we are free." You only glare at the males but stay put as you see them descend deeper into hell. You would do something if you could, but you were no match for all of them. You sigh as you knew you were going to try to save the girl anyway.

As you were about to run off, another portal opened. "Oh hey (Y/N). Greeting newbies as usual huh?" You turn to see Kokuto along with other people. "Well i was but now im off to save this little girl that Shuren brought." You saw the orange-haired male eye's widen as he went over to shake you. "Where did they take her!? Is she okay?" you blink Fast. "She's fine for now. She's most likely in his lair right now." Kokuto nodded in agreement. "You wanna come with (Y/N)? You can be of help?" you nodded excitedly. "But before that just very quickly! I am (Y/N) greeter of hell and friend of all, nice to meet all of you!" you smile kindly and see that the red-haired male blushed at your introduction. You shake it off and turn running off. "Let's go!" Everyone follows you and Kokuto as they question how the place is, you are always happy to answer, especially questions from Renji, you took a liking to him. As you all tried to avoid Kushinadas and Ichigo killed some with his Hollow form. You pushed Renji down just as he was about to be hit by Ichigo's attack. You landed on top of him, really close to his face. He blushed from the closeness and you did as well, you've never been this close to a guy you've liked. You got quickly as so did Renji, both looking anywhere but each other. "U-uh thanks." "s-sure." He then turns to Ichigo complaining about almost being killed, leaving you to fluster all alone.

As everyone fought their battles here you were now secretly trying to get to the cage Yuzu was in. You carefully climbed on the hanging cage careful not to put you or the girl in danger as the others were being distracted by Renji and his friends. Though Shuren turned and became angry, you panicked losing your footing and slipped into the lava, you could here shouts of your name just as you passed out from the burning painful death.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up a while later as you have finished being reborn. "Gross, i havent died in a while." you then gasp and feel scared just as you see Renji and Uryu rotting. "Oh no no no no! Don't tell me they!" you then turn to see Rukia come to life as she told you what happened. "That damn Kokuto! I'll make his life a living hell here!" You sweatdropped at your own words and turn to see Ichigo fight with Kokuto. You can only hope that he can defeat him because no one else would be able to. You rush over to Renji and feel sad, you knew you wanted to spend more time with him but he didnt deserve to spend his life as a sinner here, he was a good man, a soul reaper who fought for good.

Soon Ichigo defeated Kokuto and he got his punishment, and you were extremely happy that he was able to free his friends from being sinners. Though when it came to the goodbyes you were extremely heartbroken, you can't believe you fell in love at first sight with Renji. "Well it was nice meeting you all, guess this is goodbye." you say with a smile. Everyone nods with a sad smile. You wanted to turn and leave quickly but to your surprise Renji caught your arm. "Ichigo, I know this might be selfish but...please free (Y/N)." Your eyes widened at the sudden request, you retracted your arm quickly. "No no! Its okay Renji. I belong here, I've done my share of terrible things and besides its not right to just let me go without my punishment. And besides, who else is gonna greet the newbies and be their only friend here?" Renji took your hands in his. "I know your a good person deep down, you probably had no other choice but to commit to bad things. So please, you can start over." tears start to form around your eyes. "R-Renji, why do you care?" he turned crimson at the question. "Yeah~ why do you care Renji~" Rukia teased further. "Sh-shut up! I-its because I like you okay? And I can't not see you again." you smiled gently at him. You then turned to Ichigo. He nodded with a smile as he broke your chains. You felt weird without them but were happy none the less. You all exit Hell together and as you are jumping out you turn to Renji. "Hey Renji!" you shout over to him. "Yeah?" you intertwine your hand with his. "I really like you too."