Chapter 3

Adrian POV

"Adrian wake up you have to wake up already you are going to be late." Yells my mother from downstairs does she not understand I have sensitive ears?We all do, I got up took a shower and made myself look presentable because well it's my 18th birthday. So that means that I get to meet my mate today hopefully.

I walked downstairs in a happy mood but for some reason, I have an unsettling feeling about something.

"Morning mom. Morning father." My parents look so excited. I could assume that they are happy because their son can finally find out who his mate is.

I ate a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast I wanted something fast so I could spend more time looking for my mate.
Sure I was the school athlete/bad boy but only because I really don't care about the humans, but when it comes to my pack I do care.
I told Jake to get a ride with Miles today. I wanted some time alone to think about something as I felt uncomfortable the entire morning.
I don't know what exactly it is but I couldn't get rid of this feeling, and it's starting to bug me.

I arrive at school and started walking while sniffing around me to see if my mate went to this school.
Sadly, I couldn't smell her. She must not go to this school. I sighed, I can't believe she doesn't go here. I could feel myself sadden at the thought that I still didn't have her in my arms.
But as I started to walk a bit more down the hall, I could smell this light sweet scent coming from the library. My mate is not in there but I can tell she did go to that library at least a couple of times. Which meant she did in fact go this school. I smiled and sniffed around me to see which way I should go. Which way brought me closer to her.
~~~~~~~Lily POV~~~~~~~
My legs weren't functioning correctly at all. I hate missing school but I had no choice. Sadly that means I have to work more around the house.
I went to the kitchen and made my father breakfast. Then went back to my room to rest my legs some more. I couldn't get any sleep so my head also hurts but it can also be correlated to all the punishment he gave to me.
I just ignored all the pain and tried to massage my legs.
My small body had a lot of new bruises I saw new ones showing up on my thighs and my left rib cage. I was in so much pain but I wasn't strong enough to ask for help. I couldn't ask help from anyone.

For the rest of the day, I tried to massage my legs and cooked for my father. I tried not to do the chores as they require a lot of walking. Something I can't handle at this moment. I did eat today though. I ate a sandwich when he wasn't looking. It's sad when I can't even eat properly because of fear.

He didn't really "punish" me today or yelled at me. He let his anger out yesterday. So, he didn't need his human punching bag today. Which was a good thing for me because I needed to rest so I could walk properly tomorrow at school so no one could confront me about it.
I did some reading to tire myself out. This day was oddly relaxing as I really just tried to heal myself. I cooked for my father however, he never showed his face to me today. Not to mention I also had this weird feeling all day like my soul knew something was going to happen.

Thanks for Reading!!!
~ZzzDreamZzz