Chapter 50

[WARNING!! This chapter contains many things that people find triggering. Do not read if you are sensitive to harsh material. ]

Multiple type of doctors kept on talking to me about Lily. She was on life support and they kept warning me that she might not make it. I refuse to believe that Lily is going to die, but deep inside of me she is already dead. Which made my sanity fade and it's kept on fading.

I don't know how much longer I can keep up with my insanity before I let it completely engulf me. I couldn't feel anything, everything felt dark. I was numb and until Lily is in my arms I will be fine. I won't accept that she's dying in a hospital while I'm outside her room doing absolutely nothing.

I run my fingers through my hair multiple times. I look at my side where there was a a women sobbing to herself.
I hate this hospital.

I really am terrified. I never wanted to feel the insanity of losing your best friend; your entire world.

"Adrian come on you can not be here anymore." My mother said as she touched my arm.

I just looked at her. I know she wants me to do something productive but how could I?
I don't even know what to expect once I hear...
I still can't.

It hasn't even been a year. How could I lose it so soon?
I stand up and walked out and I go to Lily's room. "Sir you can not be here?" Said a nurse.

I don't care anymore to be honest.
"Well I don't care I will be in here for as long as I want to be here." I tell the nurse and I could tell she was from another pack.

"She is my mate and I.. I need to be here."
Her face immediately changes she gives me a pity look and then looks at Lily before walking away.
I don't understand why this happens. Why must people lose everything. I just barely started living. I feel like that's the only that's going through my mind.

I don't want to go insane and harm myself or others. But without a doubt I know I'll die soon if she dies today. I just wanna scream to everything that holds the power of life. Beg, keep on begging so they don't my life away. I never the one to beg. But everything changes.

I glance at her one more time and I just knew it was time. I had to go before even this breaks me. I don't know anymore. I don't know where to go. I'm just gone and gone.

I walked out knowing the truth. Why keep faith when we all just die. I don't want to give up, but with everything happening, it's crazy. I feel like I've been here for years without a single sign.

Not even a second later I hear her heart monitor drop and doctors run in. I just stand there watching them rip my last hope of having a life.
I close my eyes and run off.

"Adrian! Wait up!" I hear a voice yell from the waiting room. I couldn't even recognize it anymore. I can't recognize anything anymore. I've gone blind to this world.
I transform and started running to the next town over. I don't know why I was running that direction. Something is pulling me to that area. I keep running until I hit snow. Looking at the snow I howl and began my run again.

I could hear wolves running behind me.  Even if I couldn't recognize them anymore, I think Jake was in one of them.

"Adrian stop running away from it. You know not everyone dies, you have to be strong." I hear Jake voice from a distance.
It made me immediately turn towards him. Once I could properly see him I go back into my human form and run to him. As I run I could feel horrible rage, pure hate, for those words he just said.
Once close enough I grab him and gave him a solid punch, hard enough that he hit the floor.
"Don't talk to me like you know how this feels. You don't know the feeling of feeling completely useless." I spits out to him.