.10.

"And....there!" I say to myself as I finish doing up the black tie before turning to look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a tight black shirt with a thin black tie around my neck, black trousers and just plain black shoes. I'm ready to go to Felix's party, well, I actually don't really want to go to this party but there is certainly one thing that is making me go. I might get to see Phil Lester.

My phone vibrates on my desk, the screen making that small corner of my room glow up with light. Emma was calling me.

"Hey Emma, what's up?" I ask, holding the phone between my ear and my shoulder as I squat to tie my laces.
"Im coming over." She says and then there is a long silence. "I've been trying to build the courage to knock on Zoe's door for the past ten minutes. So, I'm coming over to walk with you."
I frown a little and chuckle, "What the fuck! Just knock on the door you twit!"
She then verbally huffs in my ear.
"Well, I'm walking down your drive already now! You better be bloody ready, Howell!" Before I can respond she hangs up and I hear a knock on my door.

The sound of the door opening is followed straight by my mum's voice, "Oh Emma, darling, you look beautiful! Are you here for Daniel?"
I sigh and stuff my phone in my pocket before jogging down the stairs towards them.
"Well, thank you Mrs Howell!" Emma smiles politely at my mum before turning to me, "You ready?" I nod in response before pecking my mum on the cheek softly. My mum smiles and pats me on the back, "I will see you later then! Have fun both of you! And don't go doing anything silly, okay?" She raises an eyebrow before we all laugh off the seriousness.

..

"Dan! Emma! Oh it's lovely to see you both!" Zoe greets us with hugs as soon as she opens her grand door.  "Some of the others are here already in the dining room" She continues as she leads us through her tidy white lounge, passed a large study and into a grand dining room.
There are many people already sat around the table in allocated seats; Louise, Alfie, PJ, Luke, Dodie, Evan, Marzia, Joe, Caspar, Mark, Jim, Chris, Marcus, Phil.
Phil is here. He is sat one seat away from the end of the table. His black hair had been recently straightened, a tight blue shirt with black hearts covered his torso, we wore tight black trousers with this shirt. He looks beautiful.

"Emma, you are sat in between Luke and Marzia." Zoe smiles, pointing at the empty chair with her pale pink painted nail. She then turns to me and smiles, "Dan, your chair is the one at the very end." I nod and walk towards where she said, a lump in my throat as I realise I am beside Phil.

The room is full of conversation. But me and Phil sit in silence refusing to look at each other. I lift my gaze slowly, trying to avoid looking at Phil and looking past him at Zoe who asks us all a question on what we would like to drink. I opt for a red wine and Phil decides on white, low alcohol of course! Why would Zoe's parents allow her to use anything else?
"This is my mum's wine but they have gone for the weekend so I can hold this party. I've had some before and it's quite nice." Zoe smiles as she pours me a wine, trying to fill the empty space of conversation in mine and Phil's corner. "Well, " I begin, "we will soon see if I agree with you!" I chuckle slightly and Zoe smiles.

Soon enough we are left alone again. I quietly watch Phil out the corner of my eye, trying to be as subtle as I possibly can.
"You can stop watching me, you know.." Phil mutters before taking a sip of his wine. I suddenly feel a blush creeping up my neck, he had noticed? Phil places his glass down and remains to avoid looking at me, "You thought I hadn't noticed but I could practically feel your eyes burning into the side of my head." he says before finally turning to look at me with those piercing blue eyes of his.
My cheeks begin to heat up and I know instantly that I'm as red as a tomato.

We sit in silence just looking into each other's eyes for a while, Phil's gaze was much harsher than my own, until the other boy lets out a heavy sigh and moves his gaze away from me. "Well, there you go, I've tried conversation and obviously you still hate me. Alright. Well, I need to go to the bathroom anyway." He sighs and pushed himself up from the table, putting on a fake smile when a few people look at him. "Would you please excuse me." Phil says politely before walking out the room, the faint sound of his feet going up the stairs could be heard under everyone's conversations.