⑥. Bad day

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Y/n has a terrible day, y/bf coming to help.

Word Count: 434

✦•·····················•✦•··················•✦

Today had undoubtedly been the worst day of your entire life. It began with your sister deciding to "borrow" the outfit you had meticulously planned to wear, leaving you feeling utterly frustrated. Then, at school, the sinking feeling in your stomach intensified when you realized you had forgotten all your binders, and both your parents were too busy to bring them to you. Returning home after a miserable day at school, you were met with the heart-wrenching discovery that your beloved dog, who had been your loyal companion since your second birthday, was missing, apparently having run off. Holding back tears for most of the day, you finally broke down, collapsing onto your bed and letting the tears flow.

Sulking on your bed, you felt a slight vibration, indicating an incoming call. Slowly, you muted the call, not in the mood to talk. Five minutes later, a text message chimed in. You picked up your phone and flung it onto the carpet, out of your reach. Exhausted, you must have dozed off, waking up an hour later to find 13 text messages and 5 missed calls from y/bf displayed on your screen.

"Hey, sorry I haven't responded. I've just been having a really bad day and needed some time alone," you texted y/bf. He read the text almost instantly but didn't respond.

"Great," you muttered to yourself, flopping back onto the bed.

...

The sound of knocking broke the silence as you lay motionless in bed. You treaded down the stairs to the front door, fervently hoping it was someone with news about your missing dog. Unlocking the door, you found y/bf standing on your doorstep. No words were exchanged; he simply pulled you into a comforting hug, resting his head atop yours.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" he asked, gently wiping a tear from your cheek.

Somehow, you managed to spill out everything without choking on your words, from your sister pilfering your outfit to the heartache of losing your dog.

"Oh, y/n... I'm so sorry," he said sincerely.

He picked you up in his arms and carried you to the living room.

"Y/bf, what are you doing?" you asked, perplexed.

"I'm here to take care of my babe," he answered, covering you with a warm blanket and settling down beside you on the couch.

"Thank you, y/bf. You're the best," you said, resting your head on y/bf's shoulder.

"Anything for you," he replied with a smile, wrapping his arm around you.

The rest of the evening was spent cuddling and watching your favorite movies, with y/bf taking care of you every step of the way.