①⓪⑤. Dog Passes Away

Requested by @_Lokiness_19! 💕😊

Type: Sad :( But fluff

Prompt: readers dog passed away, but y/bf finds a cute way to cheer her up.

Word Count: 1283

Tbh I cried writing this 🙃 Hope you enjoy!

Y/d/n: your dogs name

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

You glanced over at the clock yet again, 6:00 pm. Today, your dog, a cherished companion since childhood, had been hit by a car and was barelyholding onto life as you rushed him to the vet.
They immediately rushed him into surgery, leaving you in the waiting room.
The sound of a familiar voice caught your attention, making you look at the door.

"Hey, y/n," Y/bf sympathetically smiled, followed by your parents through the door.

You didn't say anything; you just ran to him, tightly hugging him as tears welled up in your eyes.

"I'm so sorry, y/n," he sighed, rubbing your back as you hugged.

"He'll be alright, y/n," your mom said, sniffing, as she and your dad joined the embrace.

The four of you sat in the waiting room, your anxiety making you pace the floor. Time seemed to drag on as you waited, but soon it all came to an end when your name was called.

"Mrs. Y/n Y/l?" The receptionist called, standing next to a vet dressed in blue operating wear.

Quickly, you ran over to the front desk, immediately looking around for your dog. Your heart sank as you didn't see him.

"I'm sorry, y/n, we tried our best, but he's not going to make it. He has a little time left if you'd like to come say goodbye," the vet explained, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Thanks for trying; you did your best. And I'd like to see him," you squeaked, tears beginning to fall from your eyes.

The doctor led you and your family down the corridor to a room with a white door, opening it for you before walking in himself.
The moment you walked in the room, your dog's tail began to wag, and he slightly lifted his head to look at you.

"How's my brave boy," you smiled, wiping tears off your cheeks.

Your family stood in the doorway, holding back tears as you said goodbye to your beloved dog.
You sat down next to him, and he immediately rested his head on your lap, licking your hand as you rested it on your other leg.

"I'll miss you, my good boy," you cried, cradling his head in your arms.

He slowly lifted his head up, looking you directly in the eyes. With no hesitation, he licked your nose before showering you in kisses, before resting his head against your chest.

"I love you too," you giggled, kissing his forehead.

Ten minutes passed, and he began to act very lethargic, barely responding to his own name.

"I love you. You were the first boy I ever loved, and I will never forget all of our amazing memories," you cried, holding his face close to yours. He licked the tears away before his head fell into your lap; he was gone.