①④①. Power Outage

Type: fluff

Prompt: Requested by PoetThePhillip_
Just like the title says :)

Word Count: 889

This was a super cute request! Hope ya like it!!!! 💕

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

Today, you were spending the evening at y/c's house. You two had been inseparable ever since grade school.
Over the years, you had developed a huge crush on him, but you hadn't revealed it to him, fearing it might jeopardize your friendship.

"Aha, I win!" you yelled, moving your board game piece to the finish line.

"Gosh dang it! I was so close!" Y/c bellowed, looking at his piece, which was only 5 squares away.

"You did good! But I still won!" you announced, jumping up and down on his bed.

Without warning, y/c seized your legs, causing you to fall, and then he playfully lay on top of you.

"Hey, I can't breathe! You weigh a million pounds," you protested, attempting to shove him off.

"I do not! I think I'm just going to stay here a while," he stated, laying his head in the crook of your neck.

On the inside, you were freaking out. Y/c was literally laying on top of you, just wanting to stay there and cuddle.

"Aww, such a cuddly little baby," you teased, patting his head.

"I'm not a baby, you're a baby," he said playfully.

"I'll admit I'm the baby if you get off me; I can't breathe."

"Deal," he granted, getting off you.

Sauntering over to the window, he drew back the curtains, revealing a black sky and strong winds that shook the trees.

"Woah, look outside."

"Wow, that's a pretty big storm," you gulped, peering out the window from his bed.

Suddenly, the lights in his room sparked out, leaving the two of you in complete darkness.

"Great, the power's out," he mumbled, marching over to his dresser.

He pulled out two flashlights, flipping one on before handing you the other.

"Let's go try to get the power back on," he said, motioning for you to follow him into the basement.

Stepping down the darkened stairs, you couldn't help but feel a little apprehensive, lingering notably close to y/c.
Reaching the power box, y/c attempted to flip the switch back on, but it was no use.

"Looks like it's out for good."

The two of you made your way back upstairs, and you were so near to y/c that your shoulders were touching.

"Are you scared?"

"A little."

"It's okay, I'm here," he comforted, putting an arm across your shoulder.

Upon reaching his room, you looked outside to see pouring rain, with the streets nearly flooding.

"You can stay over if you'd like. I wouldn't want you to go out in that."

"Okay! I'll just call my mom."

Your mom was relieved to hear you were okay. Without hesitation, she agreed that you could stay over at y/c's house, as it was too risky to drive.

"She said I could stay!"

"Yes! We can have a sleepover party!"

Y/c sauntered over to his closet, pulling out a T-shirt and some sweatpants.

"Here, you can wear these."

"Thanks!"

After changing, you made your way back to his room, greeted by y/c, who was wearing a sweatshirt and shorts.

"Uh, you can sleep in my bed; I'll just sleep on the couch," he offered, massaging the back of his neck.

"No! I don't want to make you sleep on the couch! I'll sleep on the couch."

"How about we both just share the bed? It's going to be cold tonight because not only is the power off but the heat too."

"Sure! Well, let's get to bed then," you accepted, hopping on the bed and patting the spot next to you.

Grinning, he crawled onto the bed beside you. Slithering under the blankets, you were promptly greeted by the freezing fabric, which coated your skin in goosebumps. Attempting to warm yourself, you cuddled tightly in the duvet, not realizing you had removed them entirely off y/c.

"You cold?" he chuckled, sitting up to further observe you in your blanket cocoon.

"A little," you murmured, your teeth chattering.

"I can tell," he snickered, pointing to the duvet.

"Oh, sorry," you sheepishly smiled, pushing the blankets over to him.

"It's okay," he smirked, placing the covers across the two of you.

Before you could lay down, he drew you close within his arms, your face nestled against his chest.

"Thanks, this is way better," you praised, binding your arms around his torso.

"Much better," he rejoined, resting his head on yours.

An hour or so had passed, and you assumed y/c was asleep, that was until you heard him mutter something under his breath.

"Goodnight y/n, I love you." he whispered, kissing the top of your head.

"I love you too," you acknowledged, making him jump.

"Oh no, did you hear that?"

"You did, and I feel the same."

"You do?"

You nodded, both of you now beaming ear to ear. Y/c slowly leaned in, his hand cupping your face as your lips met.

"Y/n, would you, uh, like to be my girlfriend? I mean it's okay if you say no, I-" You cut him off by kissing his lips again.

"I'd love to."

Hope you enjoyed!! Love you all! Thanks for reading! 💕