⑥⑤. Panic Attack

This was requested by @Finnwolfhardtrash Hope it wasn't too awful! 💕

Type: Fluff

Prompt: y/n has a panic attack.

Word Count: 827

TW: Panic Attack

Little A/N:

If you've never had a panic attack it's similar to an anxiety attack, however anxiety attacks are over an event/situation. Panic attacks are over a symptom or physical feeing of anxiety if that makes sense. It feels like you're helpless and no one can save you.

Example: feeling like you can't breathe, you're choking, having a heart attack, feeling like you're dying, feeling a need to seek immediate medical help, and so on.

                        ✦•······················•✦•····················•✦

In a state of sheer panic, you paced rapidly across the living room floor, your cheeks stained with tears. Lately, severe panic attacks had become a regular occurrence, all stemming from a single symptom that would send you spiraling, convinced you were physically dying. (For those who've never experienced a panic attack, it's an overwhelming sensation of impending doom that feels impossible to shake.)

"It's okay, y/n, just calm down. You can breathe; you're fine," you reassured yourself, shaking out your hands in response to the rising panic. (And yes, the hand-shaking thing is a common reaction.)

But the panic only intensified by the minute, as if you couldn't get enough air, your legs barely able to support you, and the world closing in around you.

"Hey, y/n, I'm home—what's wrong?" Y/bf asked, entering through the front door, his concern evident as he saw you pacing.

"Just feeling a little panicky," you explained, your voice trembling as you continued to pace.

"Oh, y/n, you're having another panic attack, aren't you? Come here," he gently urged, extending his arms.

You immediately sought refuge in his embrace, wrapping your arms tightly around him and resting your head against his chest.

"It's okay, I'm here," he assured, squeezing you gently.

"I feel like I'm suffocating. I feel like I'm going to die," you whimpered between tears.

"I promise you're okay. I can see you breathing. You're not turning blue. And there's a hospital right around the corner if we ever need it. It'll be okay."

Even though y/bf was there to reassure you, your legs continued to uncontrollably shake, and tears still flowed.
Without uttering a word, y/bf scooped you up in his arms and carried you up to your room, gently placing you on the bed.

"Would you like to get in a warm bath? Maybe it could help take your mind off things," he suggested, kneeling on the floor to meet your gaze while holding your hands in his.

Apprehensively, you nodded. At this point, you were willing to try anything.

"Here, I'll go start the bath. While I'm gone, gently tap on your forehead, right between your eyebrows. It's a grounding technique that might help." (This is something my therapist taught me!)

Without resistance, you began tapping your forehead, taking deep, purposeful breaths. Y/bf left the room to prepare the bath and returned to assist you with undressing and getting into the warm water, sitting on the edge of the tub.

"Is it warm enough? I can add some more hot water if you like."

"It's perfect, y/bf. Thank you," you smiled, resting your head on his arm.

"Can I wash your hair?"

You nodded and handed him the shampoo. He carefully lathered the suds in your hair, murmuring soothing reassurances. As he massaged your scalp, you couldn't help but shiver in response. Grabbing a nearby cup, he gently rinsed out the shampoo, keeping a hand on your forehead to prevent soap from getting into your eyes. Once your hair was clear of soap and you had soaked for a while, he held up a towel for you.

"Ready to get out?"

"Yeah," you agreed, lifting yourself out of the water.

Promptly, he wrapped your body in a warm, dry towel and led you into the bedroom, where he seated you.

"Thank you for helping me, y/bf. I feel so stupid," you groaned, clutching the towel close to your face as y/bf searched for his clothes.

"Y/n, what are you talking about? You can't help it. I want to help you; you're my girlfriend. Besides, there's nothing stupid about it; it's very scary and very real."

He tenderly wiped away a single tear from your cheek.

"Here, I know this is your favorite hoodie of mine. I want you to wear it."

Y/bf motioned for you to lift your arms, and you willingly complied. He pulled the hoodie over your head, then leaned down to plant a kiss on your forehead.

"There. How are you feeling?"

"Much better. Thank you."

You wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug, and he hugged you back with a warm smile.

Sorry that was awful and so short! Let me know if you'd like a new one!! Love you all! 😊😘