⑨⑦. Horse Ride

So if you don't already know I'm up at my ranch for a month with my bf and family. So I decided to write an imagine about my bf and I's trail ride! 😂 sorry if it's boring.
And happy 4th to all the fellow Americans out there!

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Y/n takes y/bf up to her ranch where they spend the entire day horseback riding.

Word Count: 842

✦•······················•✦•····················•✦

Today was the day your family would head to your ranch, where you'd spend nearly three weeks. You were thrilled about the trip, especially because y/bf had managed to convince his parents to let him join you.
After a three-hour drive, you finally reached the ranch, and everything looked just as wonderful as you remembered. Everyone promptly went into the house to get unpacked and settled in. However, you and y/bf decided to take the horses out for a ride.
Walking to the barn, you observed all the horses grazing in the freshly irrigated pasture. Scanning the herd, you spotted your horse, Koda, and couldn't help but run over to the fence outlining the pasture.

"Koda!" you called out as he trotted over to you, nuzzling your face as you hugged his neck.

"Is this the famous horse I've been hearing about?" y/bf asked, petting the horse's nose.

"Yes, this is my Koda," you smiled, hugging his neck again.

"Aww, he really loves you, almost as much as me," y/bf winked, kissing your cheek. Just then, Koda nudged y/bf's face.

"You weren't kidding when you said he was friendly," y/bf laughed, allowing the horse to nuzzle his face.

You led y/bf into the field to get the horses. Koda immediately came over, lowering his head to let you put the halter on.

"Which one do you want to ride?" you asked, with Koda following closely behind you.

"I'll go with that one," y/bf said, pointing to a black and white spotted horse.

"Okay, Oreo it is!"

"Wait... his name's Oreo?"

You nodded. "I love Oreos! We're going to get along just fine," y/bf smiled, reaching out to pet the horse.

"I know! That's why I knew you'd like him," you smirked.

Inside the barn, you both saddled up the horses and bridle them before heading out.

"Okay, put your foot in the stirrup and swing your leg around," you instructed, trying to help y/bf onto the horse.

He followed your instructions but swung his leg over with a bit too much force and ended up falling on the other side.

"Y/bf, are you okay?!" you gasped, rushing to where he sat.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just too strong," he laughed, flexing his arm.

"You're such a goof," you teased, helping him up.

Finally, you both managed to get on the horses and started your trail ride.

"Wow, I forgot how gorgeous this view is," you said in awe, looking out at the rolling hills of lush grass.

"Not as beautiful as mine," y/bf added, glancing over at you.

"Oh, stop it," you giggled.

You rode in pleasant silence, taking in the beautiful scenery until y/bf broke it.

"Man, I'm getting the hang of this. I look like a real cowboy," he boasted, tipping an imaginary hat.

Just as he said that, a tree branch hit him in the face, prompting you to burst out laughing.

"Wow, what a cowboy," you teased, sticking out your tongue.

"Well then, little lady, how would you feel about a race?"

"Sure, but what's the prize?"

"Winner is the real cowboy."

"Deal! The first one to the creek wins!" you exclaimed, tapping Koda's side with your foot.

Koda immediately took off, leaving y/bf and Oreo behind. The wind whistled through your hair as your horse galloped through the grassy meadow, just like in the movies.

"Howdy there!" y/bf exclaimed, slowly catching up to your side.

"Wow, you caught up fast!"

"Well, I am a true cowboy after all," he winked, urging Oreo to go faster.

Before you could warn y/bf about the impending mud, he had already charged straight into it. Oreo, however, hesitated at the marsh, stopping abruptly and causing y/bf to fly into the river.

"Y/bf! Are you okay!" you yelled, rushing over to where he sat in the water.

"Yeah, just a little wet," he laughed, splashing some water at you.

"Stop! I don't want to get wet!" you squealed, backing away from him.

"Well, in that case..."

He didn't finish his sentence before jumping up to grab you, pulling you down into his lap and splashing water everywhere. You were both soaked.

"Y/bf, I said I didn't want to get wet!" you gasped, hitting his chest.

"Sorry, you looked too hot," he teased, kissing the back of your head.

You rolled your eyes, laughing, and then helped him up out of the water.

Sorry I'm going to end it there let me know if u want a pt 2 hope that was ok!