Undeniable➳Mike Conley, Jr.

The club wall that Mike Conley, Jr. leaned against was vibrating to the beat of the loud music booming through the club. He looked to his left and saw his fairly new teammate, Mario Chalmers, talking game with a woman who smiled, cocked her hip to the side, and twirled her hair. He rolled his eyes before looking to his right and seeing his other fairly new teammate, Matt Barnes, and the woman he was with doing the exact same. Mike, however, was not feeling it tonight. Multiple women had given him "the look" that he'd seen so many times before, but he hadn't seen a woman who made him want to come out of his introverted nature and reciprocate some sort of interest.

Mike couldn't articulate what he was looking for, but he just knew he wanted to connect with a woman. He hadn't had that in a long time, and he was tired of the shallow interactions that led to nothing more than meaningless sex. He was ready to find a woman to be his woman. Mike was pulled from his thoughts by the incessant giggling of the girl Mario now had his arm around while whispering in her ear. Mario quickly looked Mike's way and raised his eyebrows giving him a get in the game look. He heaved a sigh and left the wall, needing to get away from the imminent couplings happening around him, Mike headed to the bar for a drink. Just as he was about to flag down the bartender, he saw her. The woman he didn't know he'd been looking for.

Her milk chocolate skin. Beautifully complimented by the snug, baby blue dress she wore that cut at the knee with a split that went up to her mid thigh and accentuated her thick hips and thighs. Her wavy, jet-black hair that fell to her shoulders and framed her breathtaking face. Things were quickly looking up for the NBA point guard.

She was currently being bothered by a guy who was clearly trying too hard. Mike could tell by their body language. This dude was leaning forward towards her and gesturing a lot while she rarely smiled and had her arms crossed as she leaned against the wall on the opposite side of the club. Perfect timing.

Mike didn't know what it was about her. But he was drawn to her. She was obviously attractive, but there was something about her demeanor that he couldn't quite put a finger on. He bypassed the bar and confidently made his way over to this gorgeous woman, staring at her and hoping to make eye contact. Her eyes finally met his when he was directly behind this poor dude who couldn't take a hint, and Mike motioned to him jokingly and shook his head. The mysterious woman's mouth twitched just a little like she wanted to smile, but it was back to a thin line of indifference before Mike could blink.

As if his legs had a mind of their own, Mike walked all the way up to her, watching as her body language changed, and she stood straight up and let her arms fall to her sides.

"Hey, baby, who's this?" Mike asked, sliding his arm around her waist protectively, as if she were his, before turning to look at the dude who looked both heartbroken and shocked.

The beautiful woman played along without a hitch, "Oh just a nice guy who wanted to talk, babe."

He held his finger up and motioned to us both before saying, "Y'all are uhh...together?"

"Yea bro," Mike quickly responded with a straight face before glancing down at the beautiful woman in his arms and smirking.

"Oh well uhh," the guy mumbled while nervously rubbing his neck with his hand, "It was nice talking to you, Kaitessa. Y'all have a good evening."

The guy quickly walked off and then Mike and Kaitessa stared at each other for about three seconds before bursting out laughing. Kaitessa couldn't help but laugh at the entire situation, but she also was laughing from nerves. This man who had come to save her from an awkward interaction had her heart racing and butterflies flitting around in her stomach. She couldn't lie - as a loyal Grizz fan she knew who Mike Conley, Jr. was and that's probably why she was so nervous. She definitely never thought she'd come across him at a club on a Friday night. Let alone, that he'd be showing an interest in her.