Never Give Up➳DeAndre Jordan

Bri could not believe she was running late for work. Again. The last two weeks had been torture, trying to balance midterms with the demands of her job. She'd already overslept twice in the past four days, and her boss told her that she'd have to reconsider her position if Bri were to be late again.

This morning, she had woken up on time but couldn't seem to find her keys. If she didn't find them and get in her car in the next two minutes, LA traffic would be too unpredictable, and she'd surely be late. Bri frantically rushed around her apartment, looking under her couch and bed, pulling open drawers, and checking in pants pockets. No keys, and it was 8:15am. She had to be to work by 9.

Bri had neatly stacked up all her papers and supplies for class on her dining room table, so she hadn't wanted to look there to avoid messing up all of her organization. But to hell with that. She looked under stacks and shuffled papers around, picking up and dropping books, before she finally looked under a notebook and found them.

"Finally!" She exclaimed, grabbing her purse and rushing out the door.

Bri's mood slowly lifted as the traffic gods must've cleared her highway since she was one exit away from getting to work, and it was only 8:35. She bobbed her head to her music happily as she slowed down in preparation to get off her exit, and out of nowhere the bobbing of her head turned into her entire body jolting forward with her car as she simultaneously heard a loud bang coming from behind her.

Bri screamed before slamming on the brakes, causing her car to come to a complete stop not half a mile before her exit. Heavily breathing, she put her car in park and sat with her fists balled up in her lap, trying to get her nerves under control and thinking that based on the force that hit her car from behind, someone must've hit her and caused a fender bender.

"This can't be real life," she groaned, using multiple expletives before deciding to go ahead and get this over with.

Bri turned to look behind her and saw a man in a black Mercedes trying to motion out of the window with his hand. She squinted and realized he was pointing to the shoulder, suggesting that they move out of incoming traffic.

"You betta be happy I can even move my car, asshole," she muttered, giving him a thumbs up before putting her car in drive and pulling into the shoulder.

Bri immediately got out trying her damndest not to let the angry tears fall as she knew she probably wouldn't have a job by the end of the day. Ready to verbally tear this guy limb from limb, Bri made her way to the back of her BMW x5 that her father had saved up her entire high school and college career to give her. He gave it to her as a graduation present as she was the first in her family to graduate from college. She had obviously taken good care of it, never getting in an accident and always keeping up with the routine maintenance. She'd become so fond of her car, it even had a name: Josephine, or Josie for short.

Yet now, here she stood, trying to make sense of her bumper that had a severe dent and a variety of paint scratches and even looked like it had partly detached on the left side. This prick didn't know what he had in store for him.

"Ugh, poor Josie," Bri whispered, shaking her head and staring in disbelief.

DeAndre Jordan stepped out of his car with a solemn look on his face, always feeling very awkward in upsetting or frustrating situations that he caused because he was normally the cause of happiness and laughter. He really hadn't been thinking as he sped down the highway, coming from an early morning workout with Blake Griffin. He'd been hoping to make it home in time for a quick nap before a photo shoot he had to go to, so he'd been doing a little too much weaving in and out of lanes and didn't slow down appropriately when he reached the far right lane.