Makeup and Magic II➳Blake Griffin {R}

If anyone were to see Blake Griffin walking towards the door of his girlfriend, Taylor's, apartment, they would think he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Carrying the burden of leadership on a completely new team that was now experiencing injuries left and right was taking a toll on him mentally and emotionally. A toll he wasn't willing to admit to. Which led to his trepidation with Taylor. Making her his girlfriend had been the best decision of his life in the past few months, but navigating losses with her was difficult.

He'd been trying to put on a good face to not worry her or pressure her into feeling like she had to do certain things to make him feel better. Past girlfriends always got weird at first after losses, and he was hoping to skip that phase with Taylor. He and Taylor's relationship was so much more special than any he'd ever had. Their connection was so natural and real and overwhelming. He couldn't explain it. It was like...magic. And he didn't want to ever spoil that with something as petty as tiptoeing around him because of some losses.

Taylor had a certain approach to life that was just so free. She felt free to say what she was feeling, to do what she loved, to be whomever she wanted to be whenever she wanted. It was captivating, and Blake couldn't deny that he loved that about her.

He smirked, recalling the first day he saw her with a wig of long, sleek black hair with violet tips. It was a complete and utter surprise, and she looked totally hot. Blake's smirk grew even wider when he remembered the eventful evening they had – all around the house – that night.

There were also many nights when Taylor dragged him out to a club to dance and despite him believing it was the worst idea whether it was because he was tired from basketball or not in the mood to deal with the paparazzi and obsessive fans, he always ended up having an amazing time just because he was with her.

More than anything, he loved tagging along for her shopping trips. Yes, it's totally weird that a big, bad NBA player would want to go shopping with his girlfriend who can shop all day if you let her, but they always did the silliest things that got them the most judgmental attention, and they loved it. Blake losing a bet and having to try on a dress and ask for help zipping it up was where he drew the line, but even after that he couldn't complain because Taylor was full of life, and absolutely fearless, and it increased his quality of life exponentially.

It's with these thoughts of admiration that he turned the doorknob to Taylor's apartment and finally walked in. Immediately, his nose was assaulted by delectable smells of food he desperately hoped to be eating very soon – smells of peppers and onions and chicken and corn. Ah, yes, Taylor loved to cook almost as much as he loved to shop, and she'd been on an authentic Mexican kick for the past week. With every step he took towards the kitchen, Blake heard the increased volume of music, and he immediately assumed that it had to be 90's r&b because that's about all she listened to.

"If you're horny, let's do it. Ride it, my pony!" Taylor exclaimed at the top of her lungs.

She clearly hadn't heard Blake come in, meaning he'd have to talk to her about leaving her door unlocked during these sing-alongs when she wouldn't be able to hear her door open. Despite Blake's concern about his girlfriend's safety measures, he broke out into a grin while listening to Taylor sing such a salacious song like it was nothing. He knew that she'd sensed his terrible mood after the game, and yet here she was, cooking Mexican and loudly singing Ginuwine's sex music. God, he loved this woman.

He took one step into the kitchen, and his smile completely vanished because his jaw dropped at the sight of his girl. From the back he could see that she was wearing an apron because the sash was loosely tied around her midsection that he could see through her skimpy black pajama dress that barely covered her perky little ass and showcased her long legs that were just thick enough for him to grab onto and accentuated by the black strappy stilettos she wore.