Falling in Love II➳Kevin Durant {R}

The buzzer signaling the end of the game sounded, and the Thunder fans erupted in celebration of the win. The Warriors had not been able to recover quickly enough after Kevin's impossible, circus shot, and Aria couldn't have been happier.

"Ahhh, KD is so clutch!!" she exclaimed, clapping after every word she spoke for emphasis.

Bea smirked at her and cocked her hip to the side before responding, "Hitting the game-winner, and getting the girl? Yea, he's redefined clutch."

Aria giggled, "You right, sis, you right!!"

But before Bea could slide another joke in, Aria's expression instantly changed to worry.

"What am I supposed to say to him when he comes over?!! Omg, I need to, to," she stuttered with anxiety.

"Have a plan? Yea, already told you to do that," Bea finished Aria's sentence and shrugged.

Aria rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth at Bea, "Really, Bea?!! I need your support! It's my birthday, and this is Kevin. Wayne. Durant!"

Bea chuckled before getting serious, "Alright, alright, seriously? This is cliché but just be your normal, confident self! He already fell in your lap for Chrissakes, how could anything go wrong?!"

Bea glanced back on the court and saw KD finishing up his interview and heading towards them.

"Now breathe and be cool, he's coming right this way!" Bea encouraged Aria with a slight squeeze of her hand, "I'm just gonna intentionally disappear while also attempting to get Klay Thompson's attention. Call me if you need me, boo!"

Aria rolled her eyes and laughed at her best friend. Where would she be without Bea? For starters, not at this game meeting Kevin! She'd definitely have to remember to thank her for the greatest birthday gift in her 24 years of life. November 5th would never be the same.

Kevin Durant gave Doris Burke a side hug before turning towards the courtside seats in hopes of finding Aria again. He was not going to let Russ come for him about being a momma's boy anymore. And, this woman was bad. He couldn't let her leave without getting her number. She was still standing in front of her seat, vigorously tapping away on her phone, so he quietly walked over before announcing himself.

"It's good that you're standing up and seem to have full control of your extremities," he joked.

Aria immediately looked up from her phone while chuckling, "Yes indeed, I did survive our encounter and now just wish I could've seen your amazing shot. Congrats on the win by the way. A big one for y'all, especially at home!"

"Thank you, Aria. And really, thank you for being such a good sport about this. I apologize if I hurt or scared you," Kevin stated.

"Oh there's no need for that! I'd let you fall on me anytime if it meant a win for the Thunder!" Aria exclaimed.

Kevin chuckled, "A team player, I see. How was I so lucky to be the name that graces the jersey of a pretty woman like yourself?"

Aria could already tell that Kevin was playful. Most of the time, the quiet ones were, so she decided to play along instead of shying away because a NBA star was flirting with her. Bea did tell her to be herself, and normal Aria was was not made to be intimidated by anything.

"Ehh, I was in a rush tonight, and your jersey was the only thing I could quickly grab with OKC on the front sooo," Aria shrugged, feigning nonchalance.

Kevin's mouth dropped open in surprise, and his eyes opened wide as he was taken aback by a response he was not expecting in the least. Aria couldn't suppress her laughter at such a genuinely confused response from him and ended up covering her mouth as she continued to be tickled by Kevin's face.