The Glo Up III➳Andre Drummond {R}

One Month Later

Kayla couldn't believe she found herself sitting in the newly renovated gym of her old high school watching the basketball team compete for the state championship. She really never planned to step foot back on this campus, but AD dragged her when he was asked to represent as a former state champion player. He and a few of his teammates were invited back to support and motivate the team during this road to the ship, and Andre agreed without blinking.

He kept insisting that Kayla come, which was no different than any other event she was forced to attend. Andre swore up and down when they started dating that he wanted her with him at every single event he had to go to because he was honored to call her his girlfriend and proud to have her with him.

But just when Kayla was getting tired of going to all these same events where she just stood around while everyone oooed and awed over her man, she realized that having all the attention on her instead of him was even worse.

As soon as they set foot on the campus, her old teachers kept coming up to her to tell her how amazing she looked and ask her what she'd been up to since graduation. Andre's basketball teammates barely spoke to him about the NBA, and instead, openly joked with him about Kayla having "glo'ed up" even more than he had. It was more spotlight than Kayla had ever received in her life, and she wanted to transfer it all back to Andre.

"Thank you so much for coming with me, baby," Andre leaned over and whispered in Kayla's ear before kissing it and her cheek multiple times.

Chills immediately raced down Kayla's spine, taking her mind off all the attention she'd been receiving. Andre could sense how anxious she was with all these eyes on her, but he hoped she at least realized how beautiful she was. She'd been beautiful even in her baggy clothes and ponytail with little self-esteem while in high school. She just had something about her that attracted people.

Andre slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her into his side before whispering, "I know you're not used to all this attention, but it's overdue. We all should've been paying much more attention to you a long time ago, Kayla."

Kayla smirked, enjoying her man's attention much more than all these other people's.

"And maybe if you wouldn't have worn this outfit..."

"Don't start, Andre, my outfit is fine, you need to stop," Kayla cut him off, giggling.

"Well, all I know is that it will be off soon enough. These short-ass jean shorts and this tight-ass white-tee that has my chest on display," Andre's voice became demanding as he squeezed her thigh.

In all honesty, Kayla was trying to push him over the edge. They'd get so close to finally taking the plunge, but he would pull back and say it wasn't time and blasé blase. Kayla had never been so sexually frustrated. And she was so ready to erase her one awkward experience that she'd call her "first time". It was time for new memories, and she was ready as hell to make them with Andre. So, if she had to wear some provocative clothing to make it happen, who would blame her?

"Your chest? Seriously Andre?" Kayla scoffed while hiding her smirk.

She was getting to him, and she knew it.

"Yea, my chest," Andre answered, looking her straight in the eyes, "All this belongs to me, and don't you forget it."

Kayla could do nothing but bite her lip to hold back a reactive moan while simultaneously crossing her legs. Andre was so damn sexy when he got possessive, and she really wished he had some action to back up all this talk.

"You talk a good game..." Kayla said, speaking as much truth in jest as possible.

Andre raised his eyebrows and nodded his head, "Oh? It's like that? Ok then, I gotchu, bae."