The Unexpected III➳Devin Booker

O-M-G gvldennn_ I'm so happy that I got to write this imagine for you! For some reason my dormant Devin Booker feels have come alive! Lol I have actually decided to turn this into a story! I've already started writing it and will probz post it in July! ❤️😘

Two Years Later

Devin Gabriel Booker, Jr. giggled as his mother made silly faces at him while they exited the bathroom and headed back to their seats. UK was playing Louisville in a close game, and Christyn wasn't going to miss it, even if she couldn't find a babysitter for Devin, Jr. As a junior in college, being a single mother definitely made enjoying certain aspects of college life difficult, but Christyn was not one to give up. Especially when it came to her basketball. If anyone asked, she would deny that she stayed so loyal to UK basketball in an effort to keep something close to Devin in her life, since he had gone on to the NBA. She'd also deny the fact that she'd named her son after his father in order to give Devin a permanent place in her life as well.

Either way, Christyn's yearning for a barely formed relationship from two years ago, with Devin Booker, current shooting guard for the Phoenix Suns, had not disappeared in the slightest. Every day she thought of him when she looked at her son...their son. Every day she remembered him when she put on his old UK basketball t-shirt before bed. She refused to let him go despite urging from her family and close friends. And despite her initial choice to distance herself from him and the world.

Devin Armani Booker walked, talked, and laughed with his homeboys, enjoying his annual trip back to his alma mater to support the Wildcats at home. He always met up with some of his past friends from college and supported his basketball team at least once a year, seeing as his life in the NBA did not allow for a lot of time to spend with old friends. While being back at UK the past year, he secretly hoped to see the one who got away. Last year he asked around about her, but didn't find out anything concrete. Every person he asked was strangely skittish and evasive of his questions about her whereabouts. This year, he was less hopeful and more indecisive about whether to seek her out. Her. The girl he thought would be his wife and the mother of his children one day. He knew after the first five days of being with her, and yet, here he was, back at UK with friends, but only able to wonder about an old friend who could've been more.

And then they ran into each other.

Christyn had not been watching where she was going with all of her attention being on Devin, Jr. So, she started drifting into the crowd that was coming in the opposite direction of her and ended up bumping into none other than Devin.

"Ummph," she involuntarily grunted, as she was propelled backwards, tripping over the feet of a couple people walking beside and behind her.

"Oh shit," Devin said, quickly reacting by grabbing Christyn by both arms to stabilize her and Devin, Jr.

Christyn looked up into the eyes of the man who had bumped into her but also possibly saved her and DJ from injury, and it felt like her heart stopped beating. She forgot where she was and lost all abilities to hear and speak.

"Christyn?! Is it you?" Devin questioned, not believing that he could've run into her like this.

"Ma-ma!" DJ exclaimed, feeling nervous about Christyn's near fall and snapping her out of her shock.

"Hey! Devin, yes it's me. Wow, it's been a minute!" Christyn replied while bouncing DJ on her hip to calm him down.

Devin couldn't help but smile as he eyed Christyn up and down. She was looking gorgeous as always in a blue blazer, white tank, and skinny jeans with black ankle boots. Devin involuntarily licked his lips, still not having forgotten about their last few encounters from a couple years ago when she was moaning his name underneath him over and over. But, that was before his eyes traveled to the infant in her arms.