Undeniable III➳Mike Conley Jr.

Kaitessa woke up before Mike on Saturday morning, taking a few seconds to recognize her surroundings and remember what she had done last night. She looked to her left to see Mike Conley, Jr. sleeping soundly beside her with his arm around her waist.

...Mike Conley, Jr.!!

Her heart immediately started racing as she had flashes of them together last night on this very bed. Wow. A one night stand. And a hella good one if she really admitted it to herself. But she couldn't really do that. She hadn't had a one night stand in years because of how she always felt afterwards. Used. Unsettled. Still alone.

She slowly slid out of bed as all these feelings quickly entered her mind and heart. Even though Mike took better care of her than most men she's dated have. Even though he was willing to not even have sex. Even though her pleasure was more important than his. She couldn't stay. There's no way she'd ever have a successful relationship with a NBA player, let alone one she had a one night stand with.

Kaitessa quietly picked up her underwear and clothes and put them on. She sat on the loveseat near the bed and strapped her heels back on before pulling her hair up in a high ponytail, longingly looking at Mike one last time, and slipping out of his bedroom door. She moved as quickly as she could in her heels, realizing that this was a lot further distance to the door when she wasn't being carried by Mike. She reached the bottom of the stairs before she heard a door open.

"Kaitessa!" Mike exclaimed, jogging down the hallway to the stairs.

Kaitessa froze after picking up her purse and putting her hand on the door handle. She stole one look over her shoulder at a shirtless Mike in only his boxers, looking confused and hurt. Her heart broke to see such emotion in his eyes and on his face. But, she couldn't stay.

"I'm sorry, Mike. But I can't," she muttered before opening the front door and rushing outside. Mike's driver was waiting in the black Escalade that was sitting in the horseshoe shaped driveway. She jumped in the vehicle before the driver could get out to open the door for her.

"Could you please take me home, sir?" Kaitessa breathlessly asked.

The driver turned around to look at her. Even with his sunglasses on she knew he was confused as to why she was in such a rush to get home and why Mike was nowhere in sight.

"Yes ma'am. Where to?"

Mike watched her go, frustrated with himself for not waking up before she did. He thought they had an amazing time last night and that their connection was undeniable. He thought last night was just the beginning for them, but maybe he was wrong...

Two Weeks Later

Mike drilled his driver when he returned from dropping Kaitessa off to make sure he remembered where she lived. He decided two weeks ago that he was going to find this special woman. Yea, they had a one night stand, but they had a connection as well. And Mike wanted to explore that connection that he hadn't felt with a woman in awhile. It was as if they already knew each other. Plus he couldn't shake why she left so abruptly.

Mike was currently on his way to Kaitessa's place to convince her to go out with him. The Grizzlies had just won a close game in overtime, so he was hoping his good fortune would continue with Kaitessa. He'd already been to her home twice and she either wasn't there or hadn't answered the door. He was hoping for a little luck this time. And he came bearing gifts.

Mike's driver pulled up in front of Kaitessa's townhome, and Mike hopped out and walked up the driveway to the door. He rang the doorbell once and waited with an envelope in his hands. About thirty seconds later the door swung open, and there she was. Beautiful Kaitessa. She wore black leggings and a blue Memphis Grizzlies jersey...number 11.

"Nice jersey," Mike said with a smirk.

Kaitessa had a look of pure shock and awe that Mike Conley, Jr. was on her doorstep. After a game no less. She was going to act like her heart didn't drop to her stomach, and she didn't want to grin from ear to ear.

"Mike," she whispered, not being able to do anything but stare.

God he wanted to kiss her, but he knew that would have to wait.

"Kaitessa, I've missed you. I've been wondering why you walked out on me two weeks ago."

Kaitessa sighed before stepping to the side and motioning for Mike to come in. She was about to walk up the staircase when Mike grabbed her hand, and she had to turn around to face him.

"I have this feeling that you want to explain to me all these reasons why we can't get to know each other better, which is why I'm here to say that I don't care about your past. I don't care about your present. I just want to get to know you, so I can be a part of your future. You got my attention at the club the other night, and you've kept it ever since," Mike explained, pouring out his heart.

Kaitessa's heart was slowly melting at his words. So she wasn't crazy for feeling so connected to him, and maybe having him in her life was a possibility.

"Us having a one night stand might've been out of the ordinary, but I don't regret meeting you and sharing such special moments with you. Hell, it's not my fault you're so sexy," Mike said, shrugging, while closing the space between him and Kaitessa.

"Ugh whatever, Mike," Kaitessa giggled, dismissing Mike trying to flatter her.

"I mean every word, sweetheart," Mike stated, looking into her eyes.

"I want to date you, and I'm not taking no for an answer," he demanded, his hand resting on her cheek as his thumb slowly slid back and forth across it.

Kaitessa closed her eyes and smiled, happy and relieved to let go of the "what if" burden. She felt Mike a few inches from her face. When she opened her eyes he placed his other hand on her other cheek and pulled her to him. Their lips met for a soft, yet passionate kiss. Mike then rested his forehead on hers and slid his hands down her arms and around her waist.

"I missed you, Mike," Kaitessa whispered.

"That's to be expected, I'm pretty memorable," Mike said, giving her a short peck.

Kaitessa rolled her eyes and acted like he didn't say that before adding, "Great game tonight. You were awesome, Mike."

"Thank you! Speaking of," he then pulled the envelope out of his pocket that held courtside tickets to the next home Grizzlies game, "I have some courtside tickets to the next home game. I'd love for you to come watch and then maybe we could go to dinner afterwards?"

Kaitessa gasped and covered her mouth with both hands.

"You're kidding right?!" she squealed in excitment.

"Not at all, sweetheart, I want you there, and I know how much you love the Grizz," Mike explained with a smile.

"Ahh, thanks so much, Mike, I'd love to go!" Kaitessa screamed, jumping into his arms and wrapping her legs around his waist before thanking him with a kiss.

After that evening, Kaitessa and Mike's relationship, that started on a Friday night at a club, was solidified. Sometimes the spark between two people is just undeniable.

******************************
The final installment for you Melanin_Primadonna! Thanks for the scenario, I really liked writing it! 😌😍❤️

On to the next one! Might even be today bc, you know, it's Valentine's Day!! Hope everyone's day is filled with an extra dose of TLC 😉😏😍❤️