Makeup and Magic➳Blake Griffin

Taylor closed her eyes with a sad smile on her face as her boyfriend, Blake Griffin, kissed the top of her forehead before heading to media. After feeling like they were on top of the world when Blake made a go-ahead triple to beat the Trailblazers, the Clippers were now officially in a slump after losing their sixth straight game to the Sixers at home. Taylor could already tell that Blake's sour mood that started a few games ago when the losses began to rack up, would be in full effect this evening.

She sighed as she made her way out to her car. Blake had just barely mumbled that he'd meet her at her place before kissing her forehead and quickly heading to his obligations. And that's when she knew what his mood would be like. He normally wanted to hang around and talk shit with his teammates and sometimes even dote over her in front of everyone. They had such a quick, intense connection that they both struggled with keeping their affinity for each other to a minimum in public. But, Blake was having none of that this evening. Blake hadn't even offered to take her out for dinner like he normally would, and that's what really tipped Taylor off to his current attitude.

Having just started dating a few weeks before basketball season, and having no professional athletes for exes, Taylor had no idea how to act around Blake during the season. The Clippers came out the gate winning four straight and five of their first seven, so Taylor had just been excited and congratulatory of her man and his teammates. Images of happy Blake from the beginning of the season flipped through her mind as she headed home, a nostalgic smile slowly emerging on her face. She couldn't help but go back to where it all began for her and Blake...

Three Months Ago...

"Girl, if you don't stop moving, all my work will be ruined! Who peed in your cheerios this morning?!" I asked in exasperation.

Being a freelance makeup artist had its perks. I made my own hours and could make a lot of money in a short amount of time. But, it had its downfalls as well. A majority of my clientele were models and B or C-List actresses and actors who had completely unattractive personalities to go with their very attractive faces. It was infuriating. And so LA. But the joy I got from being able to help people realize the vision of who they are and maximize their magic is what kept me going with the business I started as a beauty artist.

I was currently working on my third and final model at a Wilhelmina photo shoot, and I tell you the truth, I felt like stabbing her in the eye with the eyeliner pencil I was using. This girl kept fidgeting, looking down at her phone, and sighing or rolling her eyes. If something didn't give in the next couple of minutes, I was going to have to cleanse her face and start over, and that would put me over the edge. Little did I know, my day would start to look up in a matter of moments.

"He was supposed to be here already, Taylor!" the model exclaimed in annoyance as if I knew what the hell she was talking about.

"Who is this man you speak of? And why is he keeping you from sitting still?" I growled.

"Ugh, he's my boyfriend, and he's late with my coffee. I am not a real person until I've had it," she whined and crossed her arms, causing me to have to snatch the eyeliner off her lid in a flash or she'd have a black streak down the side of her face.

"Oook, well if you want to be ready for wardrobe in the next ten minutes, I need you to please let me..."

My statement was cut off when she jumped out of her seat and squealed, heading straight for this supposed boyfriend. I turned around and had to suppress my astonishment when I laid eyes on the Blake Griffin of the LA Clippers. I am a sports fanatic and follow NBA basketball religiously, so you can imagine my glee when I realized I was in his presence. But, then, this entirely annoying situation came rushing back to my remembrance when Jane Doe model barely even greeted him and grabbed her coffee out of his hand.