Don't Go➳Klay Thompson {R}

Janay drained the linguine pasta quickly, checking the clock and realizing that Klay would be home any minute now. She had decided to make a home-cooked meal for him after spending close to a week in Houston and dealing with the ups and downs of playing without his fellow splash brother, Steph Curry, who was fighting off injuries. She thought a little TLC to welcome him home would be a good way to get his mind off everything basketball-related if only temporarily.

Janay also wanted everything to be perfect because tonight was the night that she wanted her and Klay to choose what medical school she would attend. After placing the linguine back in its pot and moving back to the shrimp sauce that needed to be stirred, Janay twirled her promise ring around on her ring finger.

Klay had given it to her when she graduated from the University of California at San Francisco and completed the pre-med program while earning her degree in History and Biology, as a way to reassure her that no matter what happened with her schooling and career and no matter where she went, that Klay wanted to make her his wife. She felt very reassured by this incredibly loving gesture until Klay started the playoffs and became consumed with basketball.

He had always promised her that although he'd be locked in during the playoffs, he'd never place his responsibilities as a boyfriend aside and yet, every time Janay brought up her need for his help to make her decision, Klay always avoided it like the plague and blamed his fatigue or lack of ability to focus on anything but basketball.

Janay was giving Klay the benefit of the doubt because for the first time, Janay was preparing to make a big transition in her life, and it happened to be during the playoffs for Klay. And yet, she thought he'd at least give forth more effort when it came to such an important decision that would impact their relationship for the next four years.

Janay bit her lip and furrowed her brow in frustration and worry as she placed the linguine in a large serving bowl before pouring the shrimp sauce on top of it and mixing it together. Cooking always tended to be an escape for her and yet it couldn't help her escape tonight. She was going to have to face Klay head on, whether he wanted it or not.

Klay Thompson slowly dragged himself out of his vehicle, happy to be home, but too tired to show it. It might only be round one of the NBA playoffs, but Klay wasn't really physically drained. He was more mentally and emotionally drained. Due to Steph's injuries, Klay was putting more pressure on himself than ever to play his best games in the absence of his fellow member of the Golden State big three.

He was at least looking forward to seeing Janay. When he pulled into his driveway, he saw the lights on inside his home and knew Janay had used her key to get in. A smile automatically appeared on his face because she was one of his main sources of joy during such a demanding time in his career. He and Janay had been dating for the past two years, and he loved her with all of his heart. When they met, he knew immediately that he'd found someone who would hold his attention and dedication more than anyone or anything else...

Two Years Ago

Klay exited the Golden State practice facility, thankful that Coach Kerr hadn't held them more than two hours at practice since he'd gotten two hours in before practice started. As he looked up, sliding on his shades and locating his car, he noticed a woman coming out of the other doors that exited to the parking lot.

Klay immediately smirked, liking what he saw from the side. This mystery woman was thick, just how he liked his women. Her ass was round and quite visible in the black pencil skirt she wore that fit snugly on her. She was short but looked to be a normal height in the heels that made her legs look a mile long.

"Damn," Klay muttered, almost salivating.

Before he knew what he was actually doing, his legs were taking long strides towards her. He caught up pretty quickly with her.