Chapter 24

Avalina P.O.V

I got into my car and let out all the air I held in.

I banged my head against the steering wheel as I felt all the emotions well up inside of me.

My heart felt like it was breaking...I have never seen Miguel look so sad,tired and depressed before.

He didn't look like the happy annoying Miguel I knew and loved...I just wanted to grab him and hold him tight.

But I wonder what him and mikyle are doing here.

I drove out if the mall parking and drove home.

When I got home I found the door wide open and everything trashed.

I slowly walked into the house...I checked everywhere without making a single sound.

There was no trace of life and I made my way to my room.

I took my gun from the bottom of my bed.

I heard muffled screaming and some banging sounds.

I slowly walked to my closet and I placed my ear on it.

I heard a click and there was a cold piece of metal placed on my neck.

"Now be a good girl and lift up your arms."the man said in a deep voice.

I did as I was told and he cuffed my hands...he roughly turned me around and it was a police officer.

"W-why are you handcuffing me?"I asked confused by this whole situation.

"Keep quiet or whatever you say will be used against you in the court of law"he said.

Later at the police station

I sat in the interrogation room alone as the two police officers spoke in private outside the room.

I can't believe I'm being treated like a criminal for something I don't know about or did.

I groaned as I grew impatient...I have been sitting in this uncomfortable metal chair for over an hour....my place was trashed and there was someone in my closet.

Yet I'm the one who is in the wrong.

"Well well well look at what we have here...miss Stacy bridges"a man called officer Dan said

"For the tenth time yes....that's me"I said annoyed by the whole situation.

"Look we understand you are tired and probably annoyed but if you co-operate with us we'll let you go"officer Stan said

"Look Daniel and Stanley I do not even know why I'm here...I get home from seeing a friend and I find my place trashed...there is someone in my closet yet I'm treated like I killed someone!"I stood up and banged my hands on the table frightening the officers.

"Like we said its confidential "Stanley said

"Confidential my ass"I snapped back

"Listen up bitch answer our questions then you can go"Daniel said

"Fine bitch"I replied

"Ok....how do you know Vlad ?"Stan asked

"Urgh like I said I don't know who that is"I said annoyed by this question.

Truth is I'm not annoyed I'm just afraid that I might crack and tell them the truth about how vlad is my boss...I'm a stripper...he had my father shot and my family burned alive...he is also a drug Lord and the list goes on.

But I would be violating the contract I signed when I first strated working for vlad.

"Listen up you little bitch I know very well that you know who he is...and you probably know about the Cortez gang"officer Dan growled as he held me by the coller of my shirt.