Chapter 30

Avalina P.O.V

My ass hurts from sitting on this metal chair,I'm tired...I guess I should have stood up and walked out the door since my legs and arms are free.

But I can't...I can't get up..my body feels heavy and tired.My mother who left me here a couple of hours ago never returned...but this buff guy came in and stood at the door to guard me I guess...but there was no need for that...im done...I just give up...I don't even know what the hell I'm suppose to be doing.

I felt hopeless...I felt like nothing...I felt nothing..I didn't know if i was hurt,angry,sad,depressed or all of them wrapped with a bow.

"Do you have a cigarette? "I chocked out to the guard

"Yeah why?"he asked

"Can I have a smoke?"I spoke looking at the floor and slouching in the chair...my arms hanging on the sides of the chair my eyes low..if you had to walk past the door fast enough you would think I'm dead.

He walked towards me and placed the cigarette in my mouth..he lit it for me...I hadn't smoked in such a long time..I had picked up the habit from Sam's ex boyfriend during my depressing time.

I inhaled the tobacco as my tears fell out of my eyes...I didn't even know why I was crying...maybe because my dad died,I was finger raped at age three,my boyfriend might be dead for all I know....my mother..my own mother abandoned me for three years only to come back and tie me up to some metal chair,feed me shit about my father and Vlad and still not explain why she left.

I heard her heels clicking against the concrete floor...but something was being dragged behind her...it was a man...with a black bag over his head...he seemed dead cause his shirt was wripped and it had blood on it...I looked at him closely and it was Miguel.

My heart began beating again and I rolled the cigarette on the floor I fell on my knees and held him and his body dropped into my arms...I cried as I placed my face in his neck.

"Miguel...Miguel wake up...baby please"I pleaded into his ears.

I looked up at my mother who stood there looking at us in disgust...she pretended to clean her long red nails...for a person who "died" for three years she looks too good...dressed in her black leather pants,black tank and red bottom heels.

Her curly hair laying over her shoulders and red lip stick painted on her lips.

"I'll give you two a moment"she said as she walked out swaying her hips.

"Miguel...baby wake up"I whispered in his ear

"Lina. ..I'm awake..but just don't make it obvious ok"he groaned against my neck.

"Ok"I whispered

Miguel and I sat there..."did mikyle bring you here?"he asked

"Yeah"I said clenching my jaw...to think insisted him and his stupid friends and they ditched me.

"Dont be mad at him...he had to lie to you about shooting your mom so that your mom could tell you the truth but she won't if you keep giving her a hard time...now leave me here and go to her but don't come off too strong"he said against my chest in a whisper.

I lifted the black bag just enough to show his lips...I gave him a quick peck and I laid him down gently...he still had his arms tied but I walked out.

I looked around a bit trying to find her...suddenly I heard speaking coming from a room.

"Yes I have her here"

"Look I'll tell her everything once I know she's excepting of me...look if you want the plan to work she needs to trust me so let me do this my own way."

I stood outside the room in shock..but it seems like Miguel has a plan so if I want it to work I guess I gotta "like"my mom.

I walked into the room and she looked at me with her eyebrow arched and her eyes wide...I guess you could say she was surprised to see me.

"Can I come in"I said with an innocent look on my face.

"Uh sure honey...why not"she said acting all sweet again.

I took a seat and I faced her...she sat down aswell.

"Mom...look I may be difficult but I had to get a tough skin when you left me...dad and I went through a tough time...he became an alcoholic I became depressed and took to drugs and alcohol...I was being bullied and I needed you to help me go through life...I was 14 when you left...I was entering womanhood but I didn't have a woman to guide me...and when dad met Mary...it got worse...she was abusing me and treating me like a slave"I explained to her

She looked at me with a hurt expression on her face...."guess you really wanna know why I left you"she said looking down at her hands

"Well...I was on the run...I was a corrupt cop and I had been killing government officials for someone...but then on one job something went wrong...your father found out and he confided in Vladerine...Vlad used that against me when I threatened to arrest him for sexually harassing you...he said if I took him to jail he would expose me...but because I'm such a hot head just like you...I did get him arrested and he did expose me...so since I worked with miguels father he made sure that it seemed like I was killed in a shoot out with his sons....baby I didn't want to leave you but I had to" she said

"Then why are you back now? "I asked

"Well i-i missed you" lies...the words that flowed out of her mouth where lies.

From the way she stuttered and how she said that in such a hasty way....