Chapter 1

They were running away from him. Away from the man that ruined them. The twins didn't dare to look back in fear that the man would catch them. A boy and a girl, both of them having jet black hair and sea-green eyes filled with fear. Their step-father killed their mother and planned on doing the same to them. "Andy, keep going, we can't stop now!" the boy said. It might be strange seeing a four years old boy, running with his twin sister through a forest, but they wanted to live and this was their only hope that their step-father won't kill them. "What if he catches us, Percy? He will do the same to us as he did to mum." said the girl. "He won't get us, trust me".

So they ran, until they stumbled across a camp site. Literally. Both children tripped over a root and fell at the feet of a girl. She had auburn red hair, silver eyes and she looked about 12 years old. Around the girl were many other girls, wearing silver clothes and hunting gear, not that the twins paid any attention as HIS voice rang out: "Where are you two, little brats? I'm going to kill you slowly for this!" Both children began to whimper and hid behind the red head girl. From the woods emerged a man, he was fat, ugly, was almost bald and smelled of cigarettes and bear. In his hand he held a knife, the same one he had killed the children's mother with. "I finally found you two" he said smiling wickedly. The red head girl, seeing the man, got up from where she was seated and sneered at him:"Leave this place at once, man!" Ignoring the treat, the man walked forward to the children. As quick as lightning, the girl threw a dagger at the man, killing him on the spot. The twins stared wide-eyed at the girl who was now coming to them.

"What are we going to do with the boy, my lady?" asked a girl with chopper colored skin, black hair and dark brown eyes. Like the rest of the girls she was wearing the same clothes and hunting gear, but she had a silver circlet braided into the top of her hair, giving her the look of a Persian princess.

"Are we going to kill him?" Hearing those words the twins looked at each other, eyes filling with tears and hearts full of dread. They started to walk backwards as the girls closed in on them. They turned to leave, but a girl with blond hair, blue eyes and tanned skin caught both of them and got them to the auburn red head girl. The blue-eyed girl released the four years old girl, but held on tight on the boy. The siblings began to cry realizing their fate.

"My lady, are we going to keep the girl and kill the boy ?" asked one of the girls. The children were fanatic now. "No, no, no, please don't" "Please, let me and my brother leave, we will never get in your way, promise, please"

"SILENCE!" the auburn haired girl shouted and approached the kids.

The twins were afraid of shouting because after it, they would get hurt, badly by "Smelly Gabe", their step-father. The girl went to touch them, but as soon as she was in front of them, they said:" Please don't hurt us."

Big sea-green eyes, filled with tears were looking at the girl who sighed and said:"I wasn't going to hurt you two, I want to know what are your names and what were you doing running through the forest."

Calming down a little bit and after taking in a deep breath, the twins began to tell their story. The girls were shocked to hear what that man did to their mother and to them, hurting the twins both physically and mentally. By the end of their tale, the eyes of the girls softened and some of them were even crying.

The auburn haired girl softened at their story and even though she hated men with passion, she couldn't help but to feel pity towards the little boy and his sister. They reminded her of her uncle, same jet black hair, same eye color... and then it clicked... They never met their father, who was "lost at sea"-or at least, that's what Sally, the children's mother, told them-and they shared the same facial features. They were his children, but that meant he broke his oath.

"So what are your names? Full names." The girl asked. The twins looked at each other and replied simultaneously "Perseus / Andromeda Jackson"