Chapter 51

There are a couple of things about SHIELD personnel that had to be mentioned. Little soldiers who listen to the director's orders, can kill you with a spoon,  are socially awkard when not in missions and they have their entire lifes layed out on a paper and digital file.  None of these things stood well with me. So when I got to Fury's office I just put my foot down.

"No. "

"No? " he repeated not following.

"I will not have a file at all. You're the only one who reads them any way. My background info stays with me. My fighting style will be known only by my SO who you so kindly pointed out were waiting outside this door. " I said pointing with a thumb behind me. "Same thing with my powers. In the future missions I will mostly go solo, I can't worry about my partner when I go in and the way I do the mission is my choice. If the objective is achieved you'll have nothing to comment. " during the entire time I didn't use my persuasive powers and so I found myself waiting for the answer of this man. He knows I'm good, but at the same time every agent is and if he so chose, he could kick me out. End of story.

But in the end, he only nodded and lent back in his chair.
"Very well, miss Jackson. Your terms seem acceptable, but I do want to know. Why are you against having a file? "

"Infiltration is easy,  hacking is even easier,  top secret agency or not, if someone good at their jobs wanted to know of me then they will know. " with that short explanation I was given my badge and left the office. Closing the door behind me, I looked up at the two faces staring at me.

"Well? " prompted Clint and I had to hide a grin coming on my face.

"Unfortunately-"sighing I went on seeing how his shoulders tensed and  Natasha came forward, " I will have to put up with you as an SO. "smirking at his shocked face, he immediately came over it and gave me an one arm hug making me tense slightly, before I relaxed.

" That's great kid, can't wait to see you out there kicking everyone's ass. "

"And she will start with yours, Clint. " added Natasha who also gave me the rarest of smiles and a handshake. This will definitely be something new.
-----
"You've enrolled yourself in this mortal agency? " asked Artemis for clarification as both of us trudged through the thick forest, grabbing fire wood on our way back to their camp.

"Yes, I have two SO's which is kinda rare, but to have the best agents as SO's, the  best 'master assassins' as Tony would put it, is even more shocking for the rest. " frowning I added, "It's for everyone but Percy... He was trained by Coulson, Fury's right hand man, and even then there was some ruckus. But he had been through something similar so he's not surprised. "

"Had he said anything of us? " she asked as she kneeled down to grab three fallen branches and add them to her pile.

"No, the mortals only see us as mutants. Powerful mutants capable of using water and earth manipulation, and a slight mind manipulation on my part. They don't know anything else, plus beside Nat and Clint no one knows of what we are capable of doing with them. The last encounter I had with those pigs left them more questioning their sanity rather than my abilities. " I ducked under a brench as the camp came into view.

"I see. " declared my mom as I followed her to the center of the camp where a fire was being built. Gesturing for me to put down the firewood, she took me to the east of the camp. "Someone wants to see you. " knocking on one tent, an answer came from inside.

"Come in! " with that mom pulled the flap before she went in and I followed. Inside was a familiar face that greeted me with a wide warm smile and an excited shout of my name, "Andy! " the girl jumped in my arms and I immediately wrapped my arms around her own body.