Chapter 34

Percy's POV

There are parties, Tony-parties and then there are Olympian parties. If you ever have the choice, go for the Olympian ones. Hope Tony doesn't hear about this.

The Nine Muses cranked up the tunes, and I realized the music was whatever you  wanted it to be: the gods could listen to classical and the younger demigods heard hip-hop or  whatever, and it was all the same sound track. No arguments. No fights to change the radio  station. Just requests to crank it up.

Dionysus went around growing refreshment stands out of the ground, and a beautiful  woman walked with him arm in arm—his wife, Ariadne. Dionysus looked happy for the first  time. Nectar and ambrosia overflowed from golden fountains, and platters of mortal snack  food crowded the banquet tables. Golden goblets filled with whatever drink you wanted.  Grover trotted around with a full plate of tin cans and enchiladas, and his goblet was full of  double-espresso latte, which he kept muttering over like an incantation: "Pan! Pan!" 

Gods kept coming over to congratulate us. Thankfully, they had reduced themselves to  human size, so they didn't accidentally trample partygoers under their feet. Hermes started  chatting with me, and he was so cheerful I hated to tell him what had happened to his leastfavorite son, Luke, but before I could even get up the courage, Hermes got a call on his  caduceus and walked away.

From the corner of my eye I saw Apollo talking with my sister.  He held up some keys and she laughed before she shook her head and told him something.  The atmosphere seemed to change around them as he asked her somehing and her face turned sad.  She told him someting before she looked at me and made a sudden move to come to me.  He caught her arm and told her something else.  Her stance seemed to relax and she nodded her head. What he did next, surprised most in the room. He hugged her and everyone looked at Artemis then back at them. She also looked relaxed and that's what surprised the gods. Usually she would fire arrow after arrow at Apollo if he even talked to her hunters. But she wasn't a hunter.

He let her go and came to me. I could see some tears on her face when she got to me.
"Are you okay? "

"I'll be. Don't worry, Percy. " she gave a weak smile and wiped her tears away. I gave her a disbelieving look. She sighed before answering. "Apollo offered to help me with getting my license. He offered to let me drive the sun chariot. I told him that maybe some time later. He asked if this had any connection with Zoe. I wanted to avoid this and told him I had to see you. When I made the move to go, he caught my arm and told me it was alright and if I wanted I could speak with him and all that. "

"I didn't take him to be the one to handle emotional problems. "

"You'd be surprised. He's not that bad." She gave a smile and saw how close they were. He offered to teach her how to drive,  something Tony had yet to do for me,  he offered to help her through the all thing with Zoe, let's not forget how he showed up in the Lamborghini when he were on the quest and told us what to do, he probably helped her with her archery skills when Artemis wasn't there and the way he acts around her, is much similar to how Tony acts around me.

I was going to point this out when a voice came from behind us.
"I hope you won't let me down. " We both turned around and saw Poseidon smiling down on us.

"Dad... Hi. " I greeted also smiling, while my sister took another approach.

"Greetigs Lord Poseidon. " What is wrong with her?  I looked at dad to see him frowning before his smile returned to his face.

"There's no need to call me 'Lord',  Andy.  It makes me feel old and besides you're my daughter. I don't want you to call me that way. "

"Very well then, Poseidon. " I gave her a look and she shook her head. "My apologies, but I must go. I need some fresh air. " she left without looking back at us. She disappeared soon in the mob of deities. Even though I called back to her both verbally and mentally she didn't answer. I turned to face dad.