Chapter 56

"Didn't I tell you? You aren't a hero... "
...
"I let all those people die! "
...
"No hero... "
...
"Killer... you'd been better as an assassin... "
...
"It wasn't your fault-"
...
"No! It was my fault alone! "
...
"Sister, stop-"
...
"I KILLED THEM! "
...
"I have to leave, I'm sorry. "
---------
One and a half year. That's the time I've spent with the Avengers. I rose in ranks at SHIELD till I've got the same level as my brother. Level 8. But I never forgot the Hunt. Mom would always welcome me and I would tag along on certain huntings or rescues. I went back and forth between the tower, the SHIELD HQ and the hunt's camp wherever it was at the moment.

I managed to learn everything I needed from Peter's tutorage, even Tony and Bruce helped me, somehow strangely enough I got Loki involved when it came to history and foreign languages... How did the guy knew Russian or Spanish and not knew how a toaster worked is beyond me... But somehow we managed to work together. The guy is very good at making strategies, plans and traps and thought me of it, it was perfect for some missions.

Speaking of them... Because of them I somehow managed to travel to different parts of the world. Some missions were with Percy, some with my SOs, others with other agents. Fury in all his annoying strictness believed I was capable of handling any mission, so he sent me on a multitude of them. This clearly drew some respect and adoration from the other agents, but jealousy was always there. Those who had such negative emotions towards me used every flaw in my missions to downgrade me, they spread rumors about me but I didn't care of those. But when they insulted my brother, or my friends... They all remembered how my brother would call me, Ránko kýma or Rogue wave. A rogue wave is a sudden, unexpected surface wave that appears without warning which can be extremely dangerous, even to large ships. In other words, you have no idea when they show up and when they do, you'll most likely to end up with at least a serious injury, if not dead.

When this happened I would hit with no mercy, attack the weak points of those who spoke foully of my loved ones and if I snapped out of my haze in time I would leave a bloody mass in my wake. That's why they didn't comment on my friends any more, but I was still a target to their insults.

I could overcome them with help. Loki would go to those that spoke the words and either used them as knife throwing dummy practice, or played some horrible pranks on them. It was hard to anticipate what he would do.

Percy... He, well I stopped trying to guess. Whatever he did let those with a big mouth to cower before us whenever we walked together down the halls. One stare at them and they would flee the room. I asked what he did. He only gave me a crooked grin.

Peter, on the other hand... He said he was used to bad mouthing from others. That Spiderman was a menace, that he should be stopped and all that. He didn't pay them any heed. He only cared if I was alright,  if I was hurt. It astounded me how close we've got. When someone wanted to see me or Peter they always found us together,  most of the times training, talking, studying, going out... It was almost as if we were normal teenagers.

The rest of the team... They were all supporting of my improvement. Surely when something happened they would react, one way or another.

It was a divided world at Shield. And all because of me. Some said I was incredible, some said I was only using the Avengers to get my way. Admiration and jealousy. Of course, everything had to change.