Chapter 57

"She's restraining herself, sir. " a hushed voice spoke from the confinements of his own room, afraid that someone might hear his report over to his commander. "She wants to take it all out, but there had been always something or someone stopping her. " there was a pregnant silence that followed his statements which was broken by a voice coming from the communicator on the man's wrist.

"Then push her over that point. " the answer was curt and to the point, "Make her see nothing but rage, push her buttons, get her in a secluded place and take advantage of everything. She'll be easier to catch and manipulate if her mind is elsewhere. Do not disappoint again, agent Diaz. " static came from the watch signaling the end of the conversation.

"I won't, sir. " the male promised his brows furrowing in thought. He knew what this order will bring him, but it was for the greater good of the organization.
---------
"Ancora! " he growled at me throwing a water bottle at me which I caught in my left hand as my right one was supporting a flesh wound on my stomach. I asked him to train me so I wouldn't break, but I didn't know he would act like this. But I enjoy the distraction.

"Sto provando, va bene? Sei un insegnante difficile." I glared at him only to see a smirk on his face.

"'Insegnante duro'. " he lifted a finger telling me the right word to use. The point of this task was the following. I was training with Loki who took advantage of every fear and doubt I had to create the perfect training ground which made me face my fears. Initially I thought I would be able to do it, knowing full well that what I was seeing and experiencing wasn't real... But along the way Loki messed with my perception over things, even made me forget it was only a training and only illusions. Another thing that happened... I had to speak only Italian to see how far I've gotten in my study. Dam him who can speak every stupid language in the universe.

"Sì bene...  Continuiamo. " I urged him after I drank the water. My vision began to change until I got to a different place...   a forest on fire.

There were screams and yells, people shouting for help to extinguish the flames. I walked ahead through the forest, the path leading me to a clearing where a pile of bodies was engulfed in flames. Looking at them the breath was caught in my throat. My friends, my family... They were there. Percy, Tyson, Aníkitos, Tony, Steve, Natasha, Clint, Bruce, Thor, Loki, Peter, Thalia, Nico, Reyna, the seven,  Will, others from camp, hunters... So many of them... And the cause?

A little boy, no older than 10, a crazed look in his green eyes, with red hair that contrasted against his tanned skin.

"What... Wha... Why? " I could barely form words. The boy turned around so fast. For a moment he had a confused look in his eyes that made him seem innocent, but then the mad glint in his eyes returned.

"Because it's fun! I want to play... Let's play! " his hands ignited as he came closer to me. The image changed. The boy was now in front of me with tears falling down his face, his powers were affecting the forest, everything was scorched or burning to ashes. "Mama and papa left me alone-" he sniffed and I could only have pity for the boy, "Then those men came! " he suddenly said happily, "They said if I did this mama and papa will come back and I'll have someone to play with! They were meanies and didn't want to play-" he pointed to the place were my loved ones bodies were a moment ago, but now there was only ashes, "but you'll play right? " his voice was hopeful, but then another change happened, "even if you don't want to play I'll find someone to play with. If they don't they'll end up like them. " he was going to turn the world into a barren land.

But he was just a boy... "Will you play with me, miss? " his eyes were killing me. He was used...  I could tell, but he didn't know. He was tugging at my hand. "Please miss? "