Chapter 49

The girl was hastily taken to the medical wing of the Avengers tower, her blood still seeping through the improvised bandages made by Natasha from an emergency blanket she had found in their car. As soon as Peter exited the elevator, Bruce made him put Andy on a bed and shooed everyone away while he worked on her injuries.

Percy sensed every emotion his sister was having when she faced those men, everything till one moment when there was nothing, nothing but cold from her end of their bond. He tried to talk to her, but she didn't answer. Desperately, he tried to see through her eyes and what he saw shocked him greatly, almost sending him in a flashback of his time in the Pit, a recurring nightmare he tended to have of the time he faced Misery. But he couldn't let himself do that, his sister needed him and so he kept calling her, telling her to stop. When he saw Spiderman bring in his injured sister he was thorn between two options. Take his sister away and get her help, or attack the mortal for not getting to Andy faster and letting her get harmed. The small rational part of his brain told him to let him take the girl to Bruce, who could help her better than him, so he did just that. The fact that Bruce forbid everyone from entering the infirmary until he says they can,  was getting on his nerves. She was his sister, he had to be by her side when she went through this. He was a nervous wreck ready to tear anyone to shreds if they so much as breathed in his direction. For that reason, and the mortals safety, he went to the training room, where he couldn't harm anyone accidentally.

He hacked, slashed, stabbed multiple dummies and trained in the simulator on the highest level possible to take his mind of things. He hated to see any one he cared for hurt or in pain, but to see his sister, his twin covered in blood being carried away by a mortal and taken by Bruce to stitch her up... He shook his head and continued his training, but even so his mind continued to think back to her situation, no matter what he did.

Tony was in a similar situation. However, he coped with this situation by locking himself in the lab and thinkering on his suits or other projects he had in development. While he didn't show it in front of the other Avengers, he regarded Andy as a daughter and Percy as a son, despite not being blood related to him. Over the last years, those two showed him what a family was like and he didn't want to lose that. Knowing about their secret first hand he expected them to get involved in battles, wars and the possibility of being hurt or worse by a mythological monster was very high when it came to demigods as powerful as those two. But it came hard for him to think that everyday things would hurt them too. He saw them train together, heck he saw each of them kicking the asses of the Norse gods in the building like it was nothing. To be wounded by a knife or a bullet from a normal gun sounded more surreal than learning about their lineage. It just felt wrong.

The rest in the building were waiting for news about the girl, whose wolf was pacing back and forth growling once in a while. For some reason they were certain the wolf was more irritated than them about the whole ordeal and if they got in his way no one would be able to stop him.

But after two agonizing slow hours Bruce finally came out of the infirmary to deliver the good news and the bad news to the team.

Good news: Andy was out of any danger, for now at least, stabilized and they could go to see her.

Bad news: she was still out of it.
-----
When Percy was told by JARVIS of this he immediately ran to the infirmary to see his sister. She was laying in a cot, her chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm, she looked so peaceful like there was no worry in the world. No crazy deities, no wars, no loses. But all those existed, the wars, the loses they all happened. Getting closer to her he began to notice the bruise on her left side of her face and a faint scar that seemed to have closed some time ago. The sheet she was covered by came to her chest and so he could see the bandages on her injured arm and he was certain a similar one would be on her leg.