Chapter 27

Andy's POV

We had to discuss the prophecy, so we had to go to the Big House. Zoe wasn't very thrilled about this, she kept saying we were waisting time. I felt quite the same. As soon as we left, the sooner we had Artemis back. 

"We're waisting time! " I began, just as Grover fetched some crackers of the table to eat them.  Zoe added to my thought.

"There is no time for talk,our goddess needs us. The Hunters must
leave immediately."

"And go where?" Chiron asked.

"West! " I exclaimed in a duh tone. "Everyone heard the prophecy.  Six shall go west to the goddess in chainsWe pack fast and leave ASAP.  "

"Yes, we gather six hunters and leave. Artemis is held hostage. We must find her and release her. " said Zoe, but Thalia intervened.

"You're missing something, as usual, campers and Hunters combined
prevail. We're supposed to do this together."

"No!" Zoe said. "The Hunters do not need thy help."

"Your" Thalia grumbled. "Nobody has said thy in, like, three hundred years, Zoe. Get with the times."

Zoe hesitated, like she was trying to form the word correctly. " Yerrr. We do not need yerrr help."

"We're supposed to work together," Thalia said stubbornly. "I don't like it either, Zoe, but you know prophecies. You want to fight against one?"

I looked at Zoe and decided to intervene in the discussion.
"Very well then. We must decide at once who goes on this quest. " I looked around the room and when I looked at Percy, he came out with an idea.

"Four and two. " we gave him strange looks and he explained further.  "We're supposed to be six. Four hunters, two campers. Seems fair enough for everyone. " noone objected.

After some time spent between Thalia and Zoe fighting verbally, then Zoe claiming she wanted to take all the hunters,  the big guy whose name I still don't know asked Zoe.

"Let's start with the Hunters. Which four of you will  go? "

Zoe stood. 
"I shall go, of course, and I will take Phoebe. She is our best tracker." 

"The big girl who likes to hit people on the head?" One of the Hermes campers asked cautiously.  Zoe nodded.

"The one who put the arrows in my helmet?" The other added.

"Yes," Zoe snapped. "Why?"

"Oh, nothing,just that we have a T-shirt for her from the camp store." He  held up a big silver T-shirt that said ARTEMIS THE MOON GODDESS, FALL HUNTING  TOUR 2002, with a huge list of national parks and stuff underneath. "It's a collector's item.  She was admiring it. You want to give it to her?"

Zoe just sighed and took the T-shirt. "As I was saying, I will take  Phoebe. And I wish Bianca to go."

"I will go also. " I put my input and Chiron asked "As for campers?"

Grover was the first to stand up, then Thalia. We had a team of six, but Percy also wanted to come. Zoe shot him down, with the excuse of him being a boy and she couldn't travel with him. I saw Zoe's eyes when she said this. She wanted us to spend some time together, but not now, not this way. I didn't have to look at Percy to know how he felt.

'Hey, it'll be alright. '

'What quest has ever been alright? Two of you will die. I don't want to lose you. '