Chapter 35

A/N: I really like how this turned out. I would like to know your opinions too. Enjoy!

Andy's POV

Why the Hades do I have to play bait? Every. Single. Time.

"Yo, meat head, over here! " I yelled at the Minotaur and ran through the forest, him hot on my heels. I got to a clearing where I knew the others were waiting for me. "Come on, you oversized cow! I've seen snails faster than you! " I heard an enraged growl and a loud SNAP.  A tree began to fall in my direction. My eyes widened and I rolled out of the way, just in time. I was in a crouched position when the Minotaur came running in my direction. An array of arrows came down on him, but he didn't stop.

"Oh shit! " I got up and ran to a tree I knew was far enough from the hunters so they wouldn't get hurt. The Minotaur was only seven feet behind me when I got to the tree, jumped and using its trunk I ended up on a brench. The monster didn't have time to stop so he ended up with his horns stuck in the bark of the tree. I took my dagger out and I jumped on its back, stucking the blade in its back, on the same direction as his heart was supposed to be. Between the arrows, beig stuck in a tree and a dagger in his back, he shook and soon turned into golden dust. I crouched down to pick my weapon when I heard the others coming.

"Next time, you'll be bite Thals. " I got up and looked her in the eyes.

"How was I supposed to know he won't stop from the arrows? " she retored back.

"It's a ten feet tall monster, with horrible body odour and more stupid than a chicken, how would you not think about that? "

"Well, sorry I don't see the future. "

"Oh trust me, you won't see anything when I'm-"

"Girls! " her voice cut me off, but I was still glaring at her. Artemis walked out of the forest, in her 12 years old form. She looked between us and sighed loudly. "Andy,  come after me please. "She turned to walk back in the forest and after another look at Thalia, I walked away. When we were far away from the girls, she turned around wishing to tell me something.

"Andy-"

"It wasn't me, okay? I mean it was me who killed the monster and sure they helped with the arrows and all, but it didn't work. Her plan didn't work. And she always makes me play bait. Why isn't she bait? She could just go to the monster and zap it to dust-"

"Andy, I don't want to criticize you. You've done very well. "

"Really? " I asked and she laughed before shaking her head at me.

"Of course. And I know the last couple of days have been hard for you. Thalia is trying to show the others she can lead them and her plans aren't always the best-"

"You can say that again. One day she'll end up with a dagger to her throat. And there are quite some chances that would be mine. "

"You know I won't allow you to harm her, nor her to hurt you. " she said decisively, but I couldn't help myself.

"But if you don't see it happening-"

"Andromeda! "She chided me and I was now sheepish.

"Sorry, mum. "She sighed.

"If you let me finish the first time, I would've told you I arranged something for you. "

"For me? But I don't-"