Chapter 43

Andy's POV

After the last events and me remembering my friends deaths I fell immediately into sleep, too exhausted to change or to go eat dinner. My sleep was still as chaotic as ever. I dreamed of our quest to save Artemis, I remembered the preparations for war at camp when Thalia IMed me about Orion and the hunters. Everyone from the meeting room saw this. I had to get out of there, not wanting to be seen as weak, not again. I ran to the beach, the waves were already answering to my distress. I just jumped in. When I reached the bottom, I screamed. Gods how I screamed. I released the sorrow, pain and despair through that scream. The earth shook, the waves crashed, but it was nothing. If I would've been on land, I would've killed everyone who heard my screaming.

This dream, nightmare, flashback whatever you wish to call it... It gave me a restless night. I woke up drenched in sweat. When I looked to the side I saw the clock reading 4:13 a.m. No way was I going back to sleep. So, I got up took a shower and changed in some comfortable clothes. I was going to eat something then go for a run. Aníkitos was still asleep when I got out from the bathroom and I didn't want to wake him up. I got out of my room and went to the kitchen.

When I got there I was surprised to see Steve at the table with the newspaper and a cup of coffee dressed like he was going on a run too. I approached him silently before I opened my mouth to ask, "Why are you up so early? " I swear he jumped a foot in the air before he turned around expecting a fight. I raised an eyebrow, "You realise that's a newspaper, not a sword, right? " I said pointing at the way he held the paper in his hands. He looked down, like he just realised how he held the newspaper. He relaxed and put down the paper before he answered with a shrug, "Once a soldier, always a soldier. Old habits die hard, I guess. " he then looked at me and took his seat at the table, "But I should be asking you why you're up. Don't most teenagers sleep till noon nowadays? "

"I'm not 'most teenagers'. " I said with air quotes while I made my way to the fridge. I looked through it until I finally found the milk which I took out and closed the door with my hip. I  put it down on the table to retrieve a bowl, a spoon and Frosties. Once I made my cereals I looked at Steve.

"Want some? " he looked at the box and after he seemed to read something on it, he said.

"Those have too much sugar to be healthy. "

"Maybe, but they're good. So... No cereal? "

"No. " I shrugged and began to eat my breakfast, or whatever it was supposed to be at freaking 4:30 in the morning. After I finished with it I took the bowl to the dishwasher. I turned to Steve who also came near me with his empty mug.

"Can you tell Tony that I'll come back later? "

"Where are you going? "

"Central Park. I need to go on a run."

"I'll accompany you. I was going there for the same reason. " he remarked giving me one if his reassuring smiles, before he dropped the bomb, "I'll run slower if you want to keep up. " I laughed at that. I ran from monsters since I was 4. I went on hunts for monsters who were fast, so we had to be faster. I ran with the wolves for Gods sake!

"Please don't. I can keep up with you. But can you keep up with me? "

"If you insist Andy. Let's go."

"Okay. Jarvis, if anyone asks tell them we're out. " I yelled and almost instantaneously he replied.

"Will do miss. Enjoy your run. " with that both of us made our way downstairs and to the park.

On our way there we had small chit-chat. He asked if I was alright after yesterday's events and because of what Clint said. I appreciated his concern and I told him I was alright, even though the dream was still fresh in my mind. He didn't intrude and I was grateful for that.