Chapter 3

"Did you knew this mortal, Poseidon?" asked Zeus. "She is...was my lover" helooked at the kids and got down from his throne, shrinking in size, until hewas right in front of them. He got on the same eye level as them and smiled,"Hello, my children." 

The twins were shocked ...if he knew their mother and knows them, and he also looks like them, that means... "Dad?" they whispered still surprised by the revelation. "Yes, my name's Poseidon, it's nice to finally meet you two", he introduced himself, but when he tried to hug them, the kids flinched, expecting to be hit and stepped back. Confused, Poseidon wanted to ask why they reacted that way, but he was interrupted by his brother's shouting: "You broke the oath?"

The god of the sea sighed: "Brother, you broke it first, and unlike you I admit my mistake." Mistake, this word kept repeating in the children's heads.

Before a fight could break through, Artemis intervened and requested Poseidon to listen to her. "Uncle, their mother is dead and I doubt that the mortals could handle them." "What do you suggest?" "I grew attached to them and I would like to adopt them." "Why would you do that? Percy is a boy and you don't like males" the grey eyed goddess asked. "That is true Athena, but at the same time he shared, alongside his sister, the same fate as many of the hunters. Besides he might turn out to be the only respectable male on Earth..."

Of course, Zeus interrupted his daughter:"But the ancient laws say that you can't raise your demigod children!"

"Actually father, there's a loophole in the laws. You can't raise YOUR DEMIGOD children, but they aren't Artemis's children so she can raise them." explained Athena in one breath, but what did you expect from de goddess of wisdom? Everyone looked at Athena surprised, until Artemis said:"Then it's settled, I Artemis, goddess of the hunt, the moon and the wilderness adopt Perseus and Andromeda Jackson as my own."

Soon, the twins were surrounded by a silver glow and if you looked close enough you would notice little specks of silver in their eyes.

The Jackson siblings were now very tired so as soon as Artemis scooped them up they rested their heads on her shoulders and fell asleep. As Aphrodite was "awing" at them, Artemis flashed out and arrived at her camping place. Her hunters noticed her arriving, but she just went to her tent were she placed the kids on a cot nearby hers.

She tucked them in and summoned some stuffed toys for them. She gave the girl a bunny, and the boy a stuffed panda bear. Both of them cuddled with the stuffed animals and began to sleep peacefully, while slowly drooling on their pillows. The goddess smiled and left them alone.

 The goddess smiled and left them alone

As she exited she was swarmed by the girls, who wouldn't stop asking questions. "ENOUGH" she exclaimed. Every hunter was now silent, waiting for Artemis to speak. Seeing them waiting she began to tell the girls, what happened on Olympus. At the end, the girls understood that the kids were going to stay with them, although some were still reluctant to be near a boy.

Noticing the late time, Artemis sent the girls to their tents and she began to patrol the perimeter, she being the first on watch duty. Suddenly there was a burst of light when the glow died down in its place stood a teenager looking about 17 or 18, with blue eyes, curly sandy hair and a perfect tan. Artemis scowled and asked him: "What are you doing here Apollo?"

The teen smiled and answered:" What, I can't visit my little sister?" "We've been through this before. I'm the older twin."

Apollo ignored her statement and asked her:" Why did you do it?" Artemis was taken aback by the seriousness showed by her twin, as he was always laid back and joking around.

"Why did I do what?" "Why did you adopt them?" Now she knew he was talking about the twins, so she began to explain:" I wanted to look after somebody, I have the hunters, but they never age, they don't change, I wanted to take care of somebody, to see them grow up and maybe make a change in them."

Apollo knew she was truthful, but couldn't help but to ask: "And what if they are the ones of the prophecy?" "Then will wait and see, while hoping for the best." Artemis answered immediately, showing her protective side over the children, who were now hers.

She was now wondering if she would be able to raise them, how she would do it. Seeing his sister being so concentrated, Apollo smiled and left the same way he came.