Chapter 24

Andy's POV

I led Percy through the woods, a bit away from the camp, where the hunters were going to set up the tents. The wood was eerie after the sun set. The warmth that was barely there in the first place, now was completely gone. The air was cold, making us able to see our breaths coming out in white puffs of mist. The snow crunched under our feet as we walked further away.
"Umm... Where exactly are we going? "

"Somewhere. "

"Gods, that is such a great location, how haven't I thought about that place before? "

"Oh shut up. We're here. "
Here was a clearing where a pack of wolves were either wrestling with each other, or curled up on the snow, watching those fighting. I whistled to get their attention. I got the attention of a certain wolf who was fighting against another one.
"What are you doing here, princess? " questioned Aníkitos. "And who is the male? Lady Artemis doesn't allow any male in the camp. Is he a new training dummy? " he gave a wolfish smirk as he tought of this and approached us both.

"Hey, Aníkitos. And no. You can't chew him out. "

"Not even a little bit? Just one bit? "

" Aníkitos! "

"Alright, I won't start chew on him " he made a pause before he added "yet. "
Another wolf came forward, this one an older white one, with blue eyes.

"Why is a male here, my lady? " this one was a female, one of the oldest members of the pack named Ayla.
"You don't remember him? "

Ayla tilted her head to the right and smelled the air. "He smells like the sea and metal. Is he- But it can't be. Lady Artemis said he was gone. "

"Well technically, I was gone. If being adopted by a mortal counts as being gone and not dead which others mean when they say-"

"Percy! " I stopped him from going further and confirmed Ayla's theory.
"Percy! You're back and you aren't a pup anymore, but you smell different. Not like Andy. "

"What do you mean? " I wondered.

"You smell like the sea, the forest and of Aníkitos-"

"Hey! "

"-but he smells like the sea and metal, more sea though. "

"What am I missing here? " questioned Aníkitos who was funny looking from me to Ayla to Percy and back to me.