Chapter 11

The Hunters decided to stop for the time being in Central Park. The twins haven't seen New York since they ran away from Gabe, so they decided to take a walk through the city, as Percy said "What could go wrong?"

Apparently, a lot of things...

"Wow, it didn't change at all!" said Andy as she looked at each building, remembering the moments when they and their mother- Sally, went on short walks.

"Do you think that pizza place is still here? I haven't gotten one in ages." said Percy as his stomach growled.

"Is food all you think of?"

"Hey, it's not my fault, my stomach has a mind of his own! And besides I'm still in the growing process."

"Sure you are."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing lil'bro."

"I'm not the little one, you are."

"I'm taller than you."

"Only by an inch." replied Percy indignantly, as they got to the pizza place.

-------------------------------------

"That pizza was amazing! As good as I remember it." Said Percy as he rubbed his tummy.

Andy rolled her eyes at her brother's antics. He saw her and told her smiling: "Come on, you have to admit it was good. You liked it. Come on sis, don't turn into Phoebe" groaned Percy while walking in front of his twin.

"Okay, okay, I admit it was delicious. Best pizza ever." Exclaimed Andy while fist bumping the air.

"I knew you liked it"

"Liked? No... I loved it" laughed the girl, but her laugh was cut short when she heard someone screaming.

"Did you...?"

"Yeah, let's go see."

------------------

Soon the twins arrived at an old storage house. From the shadows they saw two men dragging a little girl inside. She was kicking and punching at them, but the men were more annoyed then harmed by her. Soon one of them tied her arms and legs and put duct tape on her mouth.

"Finally, some quiet!"one exclaimed.

"Are you sure the brat's father will get us the money?" number two asked.

"Of course! That actor has so much money, he doesn't even know what to do with it. If he cares for his daughter, he will give us the money." Ugly #1 put his input. Clearly that guy got punched in the face too many times when he was a kid, in Percy's opinion. His entire face is full of scars and a newly broken nose, considering his voice and the way he breaths.

"But if he doesn't?" #2 asked. Ok he was the most annoying person Andy ever met, and stupid Percy told her telepathically . Seriously, imagine a guy with the most horrible haircut, eyes too big for his face, a nose that is inclined too much to the left and who asks question after question, even though is the same question, and who pretends to be smart. Yup, not the most amazing picture ever.

"We get rid of the brat. The transaction will grant us enough funds. The child is just an insurance that we'll have the money we need. She is of no use if the transaction with Strucker succeeds." a third voice says from behind the two men. The guy emerged from a room where other people seemed to be staying. Tall, muscled, big beard, guns strapped to his belt, hatred filled look, this guy is serious when it comes to business . And you are thinking about this now, Percy? If not now, then when? Ughhh, we gotta do something, we can't just leave that girl there, they will kill her after they finish with whatever they want to sell. Weapons. What? Look to the left, behind ugly and stupid.

The entire place was full of crates, five of which were opened and they were filled with weapons. They didn't look like those plastic pistols little kids played with. That was unsettling for the twins. While the men talked among each other, about this "Strucker" guy who was sending someone in his place, that someone was supposed to come any moment now apparently, the twins sneaked around the place to the small cage they locked the little girl in. Yes, a cage, where the Hades they got it from, no idea.

When the twins got in front of the cage they could see the girl better. She had choppy uneven brown hair, her eye color seamed to change continuously like a kaleidoscope and she was probably the same age as them. When she saw them, the girl began to struggle harder against the ropes and tried to tell them to leave but her voice was muffled.

The twins looked at each other, then behind them to see the other men still talking with their backs turned to them. They didn't notice them. Yet, at least.

"We're gonna take you out of here, but we have to be quiet, I for one don't want to draw their attention, okay?" whispered Andy to the girl who nodded in response.

"Can you pick the lock, sis?"

"Yeah, give me five minutes. " Andy said as she got a pair of hairpins to pick the lock.