Chapter 8

3 years later...

It's been 3 years since the hunters met the twins, 3 years since two scared children: a boy and a girl stumbled across their camp, 3 years since Artemis adopted them. Over the years they gained the hearts of the hunters and trained with them.

The twins were now seven years old and they wielded the art of archery like no one ever did at their age. Artemis was very pleased by their accomplishment considering the fact that they were the youngest members of the Hunt. During training she told them that they should learn how to wield other weapons and not only the bow. Her adopted children obeyed to her wish and began to learn how to fight with a sword and hunting knives.

During practice she noticed that Percy was a strong sword fighter, while Andy was very fast and could inflict great damage if she used the daggers. The twins often fought against each other during training. Artemis was surprised to find them even balanced in power and more often than not their sparings ended in draws. To win one of them had to trick the other one, but usually one would get distracted and the other would take the chance and defeat the opponent.

Artemis decided to take the Jackson twins to teach them how to fight real monsters. The moon goddess brought with her 3 other new hunters on the hunt party alongside her children. This is why the six of them were running through the woods chasing a pack of hellhounds. They started to surround the monsters, being devised in teams of two people and coming from all directions, encircling the hellhounds.

Soon, the hellhounds had nowhere to go. Artemis gave the signal and the hunters shot arrows at the monsters. The twins killed two each when they heard someone screaming. They looked at each other and came to a silent agreement. They turned around and ran towards the scream. Artemis saw them and shouted "Wait!" but they were already gone.

Andy and Percy were nearing the source of the scream as it grew louder and louder. They finally came across a house in the middle of a clearing. It was a pretty big house, the paint was peeling off the walls and it looked as if it was abandoned for many years.

"A horror house, sure why not?" asked Percy sarcastically. Andy rolled her eyes and said teasingly:

"Afraid of a little darkness brother?"

"What? NO!"

Andy smiled and headed to the house. She turned towards him and said: " Coming?" and then continued to the house. Percy huffed and ran after his sister inside the house.

They crept silently along the walls until they came across the biggest room in the house. In the middle of the room were 3 cyclops who held captive 3 other people. A boy who had blond hair and blue eyes. He seamed the oldest of the group. Next was a girl with black hair and sky blue eyes. Both of them were tied together next to a cauldron. The last was a girl around 7 years old, who had blong hair and grey eyes. She held a knife in her hand while she advanced towards the monsters who were imitating a man's voice, probably her father's. suddenly, the girl stabbed the nearest cyclop in the leg, turning him in golden dust. The other two left after her to avenge their fallen member.

"Andy, you take the one on the right, I take the other one" whispered Percy to his sister while pulling back the string of his bow.

"You got it!" she responded as she prepared to fire.

When the Cyclops were 6 feet away from the blond girl, the twins fired and soon the monsters were piles of golden dust. The other 3 kids turned towards them and stared. None of them expected to be saved by two 7 years old.

"You know, it's not polite to stare!" said Andy while she took out her knife and advanced towards the tied up teens. She cut the rope, while Percy made sure the blond girl was alright.

"Thanks" said the blond boy, while rubbing his wrists.

"Who are you, though? How did you get here? Why we didn't hear you get inside?" he bombarded her with questions while Percy got the same reaction from the little girl.

"We'll explain" began Percy, "but first lets get out of here", continued Andy. The others agreed and so they exited the house and walked to the forest.

"So you gonna tell us who you are?" asked the blue eyed girl.

"Well, I'm Percy" "And I'm Andy... and you three are...?"

The other began to introduce themselves:

"I'm Luke" said the blond boy, "I'm Thalia " said the blue eyed girl, "And I'm Annabeth" said the youngest girl of the group.

"Nice to meet you" said the twins simultaneously.

"Twins?" asked Thalia.

"Yup" they said at the same time.

"Please tell me you don't do this all the time. It's annoying" complained Thalia. The twins laughed at Thalia's complain and soon the others joined in.