Chapter 31

Andy's POV

After we exited the museum, we met with Zoe, Grover and Thalia at lunch. The skeletons were still after us and Percy in one moment of concentration remembered what the tour lady told us in the elevator, who I thought was Athena. This is how we ended up hitchhiking a ride from two flying statues.

To pass time, Grover played his pipes and me and Zoe held an archery contest. Every Target store on our way... Yeah now it was a couple arrows in it. I was riding with Percy and Thalia, whereas Zoe was with Grover. I saw Thalia keeping her eyes shut tightly as she was talking with Percy.

"Why isn't she looking ? "

"Fear of heights. " Percy answered my question and although it seemed strange for a child of Zeus to fear heights, I didn't comment on it.

Eventually we ended up on the west coast with no Artemis, Annabeth or monster in sight, which we agreed to figure out what it was.
"But how?"asked my brother and I answered immediately.

" Nereus. "They were all looking at me and I felt the need to elaborate. "Apollo told us to find him, remember? He can help us. "

"Nereus? " asked Zoe a look of disgust on her face.

"Yes, do you know where we could find him? " I asked her and she replied without enthusiasm.

"We just have to follow the stench. Come. I'll show thee. " we followed her and soon we figured out what she ment by stench. After we dressed Percy to fit with the homeless, and had a good laugh at that too, he ended up wrestling with Nereus and winning. Unfortunately, "Only one question per catch. ".  Percy asked about the monster, which turned out to be Bessie.

Fun fact: Bessie is a he and his name is the Ophiotaurus. Kinda a mouthful.

Zoe was telling us about Ophi-Bessie's powers when Dr Thorn the manticore decided to show up. To sum up: we had a blast by contacting camp and pleading Mr D to help us(something which Percy wasn't keen on doing).
After this we decided we had to head to the Garden of the Hesperides, but we had to sent Bessie to Chiron first, who hopefully will somehow sent him to Olympus.

" Pray to thy father to take the Ophiotaurus to camp. " Zoe memt well, yet this reminder still made a shiver go down my spine. We aren't in the best father-daughter relationship, but again what demigod has a good relationship with his or hers godly parent? Percy took the matter in his hands and so, Grover left us to lead the Ophiotaurus safely to Long Island.
Now the only matter remained to address was how we'll get to the garden in time. Thalia had an answer for this problem and so we went looking after Annabeth's father, who luckily let us borrow his car. Unluckily for him though, the car was hit by lighting and I doubt he would want it back now.

The problem with mr Chase's car will have to wait. Now we have to get to the garden. Zoe showed us the way through the fog. I went first after her, then Thalia and Percy. First impression: this would've been a nice garden if not for the dragon in it.

We were contemplating the apples of immortality when four figures shimmered into existence. They had the same complexion as Zoe. I assumed these were her sisters, the Hesperides.

"Sisters," Zoe said.

"We do not see any sister," one of the girls said coldly. "We see two half-bloods and two Hunters. All of whom shall soon die."

"You've got it wrong." I stepped forward.

"Nobody is going to die." Added Percy coming besides me.  The girls studied us. They had eyes like volcanic rock, glassy and completely black.

"Perseus Jackson. " one said looking at him then turned to look at me.

"Not a true Hunter. "

"Daughter of Poseidon. The first demigod in two thousand years. Very powerful.  "

"He doesn't know of her existence. "
They were talking among themselves, but it was still eerie. And about how I was powerful, the only demigod daughter of Poseidon in two thousand years, everything was too overwhelming. I was caught in my own world and missed half of their conversation.

"I do not see why he is a threat."

"Who said I was a threat?" Percy wondered. The first Hesperid glanced behind her, toward the top of the mountain.

"They fear thee. They are unhappy that this one has not yet killed thee."
She pointed at Thalia.

"Tempting sometimes," Thalia admitted. "But no, thanks. He's my friend." 

"There are no friends here, daughter of Zeus," the girl said. "Only enemies. Go back." 

"Not without Annabeth," Thalia said.

"And Artemis. "I added, Zoe reinforced my thought.

"We must approach the mountain." 

"You know he will kill thee," the girl said. "You are no match for him."

"Artemis must be freed," Zoe insisted. "Let us pass."

Things excaled quickly. Zoe called Ladon the dragon and he woke. The Hesperides ran and Zoe went to distract the dragon. She told us to walk around the garden while she did so.

Me and Percy took the right, while Thalia went to the left. We were almost there when something went completely wrong. Ladon lunged at Zoe, but she managed to duck. I prepared to go to help her, but she yelled at us "Run! ", Percy caught my arm and began to drag me away. I turned around one more time to see Zoe getting bit by one of Ladon's heads.

" Zoe! "Thalia pulled Aegis out and in one momemt of indecision of the dragon, Zoe ran ahead of us up the mountain. Soon we followed her and fortunately Ladon stayed near the tree. Soon we reached the top of the mountain.

ALRIGHT GUYS. I NEED YOUR HELP FOR THE INCOMING CHAPTERS. I NEED A NICKNAME FOR ANDY FROM BLACKJACK. YOUR ANSWER WILL MEAN A LOT TO ME.

VOTE AND COMMENT.