Chapter 32

Here's a post-valentine's update for all of you. Short update lang. Sorry!

Oh, and another thing. My new story entitled Chasing Him Away can now be read through Radish! So what is Radish? Radish is a new reading format (kind of similar to Wattpad) but there are three options for reading. First is the free reading which basically means that you can read the whole story for free. The second one is called freemium in which the chapters are locked for a 7 days and if you want to read it without waiting, you could purchase the chapters through coins. Lastly is premium which means that all of the chapters are locked and should be purchased. Chasing Him Away is posted in the freemium option.

You could download Radish via iOS and sometime in summer, it would be made available through android and web format. So I hope that you could support my story there.

Thank you!

xxRaice

==================================

"What?!" I asked him in disbelief. I know I could have given a better answer but I couldn't bring myself to believe what I just heard. Was he even serious when he said those words?

"You heard me." He answered with a shrug.

"I'm not that sure if I heard it correctly." I meekly answered him. I really couldn't bring myself to look at him in the eyes but what he said forced me to do so.

"You're kidding right?" He asked, shock and annoyance evident in his voice.

"Why would I even joke about this?" I asked him back. I feel like I'm dying already because of what had just happened and now he's accusing me of joking? Seriously. Ang sarap niyang sapakin ngayon ah!

"Fine. Let's go." He said then he held my hand and he started walking away from the café.

"Saan mo ba ako dadalhin? Bibili pa ako ng kape!" Pagmamaktol ko. Yes, I'm kind of awake thanks to his unexpected revelation but I still need something to keep me stable.

Instead of answering, tinignan lang ako ni AJ saglit tapos nagsimula na ulit siyang maglakad. Since hindi naman ako makawala sa pagkakahawak niya sa kamay ko, I had no choice but to follow him. Saan ba talaga kasi ako dadalhin ng bwisit na 'to?

"Sakay." Matipid niyang sabi or more like utos sa akin when we reached his car. Jusko. Akala ko pa naman sa kung saan kami pupunta. Dito lang pala.

Sumunod na lang ako sa sinabi ni AJ tapos hindi na ako nagsalita. Pagkasara niya ng pinto, bumalik siya sa kung saan kami nanggaling at iniwan niya akong mag-isa. What the hell? So dinala niya ako dito para iwanan lang? Wow. So much for being a gentleman.

A couple of minutes have passed pero hindi pa rin bumabalik si AJ. Bababa na sana ako ng sasakyan nung bigla siyang nag-text sa akin.

From: AJ

Don't even think about leaving.

Pabalik na ako with your coffee.

Upon reading his text, I was left dumbfounded. Paano niya nalaman na gusto ko ng umalis dito sa sasakyan niya? Was I that obvious or kabisado na niya talaga ako? Nah. That can't be. Lately lang naman kami naging close e. We weren't even friends before. He couldn't know that well, right?

"Go ahead and make yourself believe in that little lie Kat. You do know that it's possible for him to know you that well." A voice inside my head said. Darn it. Why did I even have to be in this position? It's killing me!

The moment AJ was back in the car, I suddenly became nervous. I know where this is going and I don't think I'm ready for it. Yes, I heard him say the L word a while ago but ugh. I'm not sure if I could even say it back.

"Here's your coffee – café mocha, mixed with milk chocolate, with less sugar and less whipped cream." My hands were shaking when he gave me the cup of coffee. It must have been true then. He knows me too well to even know the kind of coffee that I like.

"Chill out, Lauryn. It's just me. You don't have to be nervous around me, you know." He said as he held my hands. At that moment, feeling ko sasabog na yung puso ko. Sobrang lakas na ng pagtibok nito na para bang anytime ay lalabas na siya sa katawan ko.

"Easy for you to say."

"Lauryn, I mean it. I want you to be as comfortable as you can be when you are with me. I want you to be yourself cause after all, that's the reason why I fell in love with you in the first place." He said as he held my hand once again. At that time, I felt butterflies in my stomach and rainbows filled my eyes. It seemed like hearts were floating everywhere.

Yada yada. How cliché would it be if those things really happened?

All I really felt at that moment was nothing. I was too stunned to even know how I really feel. It's a mix of emotions and I really couldn't pinpoint the specific emotion that I am feeling. It's quite overwhelming, really. It's totally unexpected but I knew that everything would eventually lead to this.

Ugh. I'm really confused right now!

"AJ..."

"You don't need to say anything Lauryn. I don't want to pressure you into something just because I told you that I love you."

"Will you stop saying that?! I'm getting more pressured because of it!" I screamed tapos sinabunutan ko na yung sarili ko out of frustration. I mean yes, I know have feelings for AJ. It's either I'm not that sure yet kung ano ba talaga yung nararamdaman ko for him or if I'm just a coward and couldn't bring myself to admit that I also love him.

So which is which?

Pinagtawanan lang ako ni AJ dahil sa naging reaction ko. Ipupusta ko na yung buong buhay ko, sigurado akong hindi niya ineexpect yung ginawa ko. I know sobrang nakakawala ng poise yung pagsabunot ko sa sarili ko, but at that time, I didn't care. He has seen me in worse moments. Ano pa bang ikakahiya ko sa simpleng sabunot di ba?

"Lauryn, stop being so cute. I just might fall in love with you more."

Oh god. I don't think I could stand being inside his car anymore!