The Meeting

Corrected by Zingiberaceae

I wheeled the book cart through the looming bookshelves placing the few books I had back into their places while rearranging the others. I loved working in the library, it's nice and quiet, I have any book that I wanted to read at my finger tips. I also loved seeing the little kids’ faces light up as they listen to a book being read to them. I especially loved times like these, where I could just wander around doing what I wanted, which usually was organizing the books since I have a light touch of OCD.

Books are my escape, I loved being able to block out reality and slip into a completely different world. Into the world especially those of howling werewolves, blood-sucking vampires, flying fairies, and spell-casting witches and wizards. If you haven't guessed it by now, I read fantasy books. I found them much more interesting than any other genre, besides adventure of course.

During high school, I didn't have many friends so I spent most of my time reading, which lead me to getting this fabulous job when I was 17. Since I frequently came here to get new books each week the head librarian had asked if I would like to come in a few times a week to help out with putting things away since she was getting too old to do it. I agreed and since then I worked my way up to running the library with Miss. Ackmen.

Once I finished going through the bookshelves, I made my way back to the front desk to shut all the lights down and get ready to go home. Just as I was about to put my coat on the front doors burst open, the wind blowing all the papers to the ground. I gasped as I saw a bloodied man stumble in before dropping to the ground. I ran over to him dropping to my knees staring at the three long gashes on his side.

"Oh my god! What the hell happened?" I panicked pushing my hands against the wounds trying to stop the bleeding. The man groaned in pain trying to move away from me.

"Oh my gosh. I have to call for an ambulance." I mumbled to myself scrambling to get off the floor and the desk. As I was about to run off the man grabbed my hand pulling me back down.

"N...no police.....p-please." He whispered. I glanced between him and the phone before nodding my head. He sighed letting go of my hand relaxing against the floor. I glanced at my bloodied hand, to his wound, then to the still open front doors before getting up.

"I - I'll be right back. Just have to get something to stop the bleeding." I slammed the doors shut, locking them to make sure the person or animal that hurt him couldn't come back to kill him or me. I ran to the back storeroom looking for something to wrap his wounds with, I found some hand towels and gauze cheering silently.

When I ran back over to the man I almost gagged at the amount of blood on the floor, how he hasn't died yet amazes me. I crouched back down lifting his shirt up seeing that the cuts were pretty deep.

"These are going to need stitches. You need to go to a hospital!" I begged slightly placing the hand towels over the cuts before wrapping his whole stomach in the gauze to hold the towels in place.

"N-no I'll be f-fine." He growled out as I tied the ends of the gauze. I sighed trying to think of what to do.

"Well I guess I can take you to my house." I mumbled after not being able to think of anything else. Mystery man just laid there, staring into my eyes. At that moment I now realized how handsome he is. He has pitch black hair, that almost looked blue, and had steel gray eyes that seemed to be starring into my soul. I sat there a few moments starring back at him before shaking my head helping him stand up before moving him to lean against the front desk. I grabbed my jacket and car keys before wrapping my arm around his waist helping him to walk out of the library and to my car. For someone who just got hurt he didn't seem to be in much pain.

When I arrived at my house he seemed to be judging the small 2 bedroom house I live in.

"Sorry it's not much but it's homey." As his eyes ran over my house I felt sad, like I was disappointing or something.

"It's ok. I don't mind." His deep baritone voice said as he tried to get himself out of the car. I raced over wrapping my arms around him helping him to my front door. Wait.....What the hell am I doing!?
-------------------
Here's my new story! Please let me know what you think! Don't forget to vote and read my other stories.