Chapter 16

I screamed struggling against the ropes that tied my hands and feet to the chair I was sitting on. How the hell did I get here? Where is here? What the hell happened to me? All I remember was walking around the castle with Articus before everything went black. Did....did he have something to do with this? Is he the only one in on this? Probably not, the Queen is probably the one pulling the strings. I struggled even more trying desperately to get out of the ropes but all I was doing was making them dig into my skin letting my blood trail down my hands and onto the floor. Just as I gave up a metal door slammed open banging against the wall. A man I've never seen before stomped in coming over to me, cutting the rope off my hands and feet, but before I could try to escape his huge meaty hand grabbed my hair yanking my head back. I screamed reaching up trying to pull his hand off me but I wasn't strong enough. The man forced me up from the chair and made me walk hunched over. He led me down the hallway and into another room that was empty except for a throne chair. I was forced to my knees in front of the chair but monster man wouldn't let go of my head. God I can feel the hairs being pulled out of my head one by one. Let's just say I wasn't to surprise when Queen Ameril walked into the room with Articus trailing silently behind him.

"Quite shocking. I was kidnapped, by the Queen. Hasn't this scene happened in enough books already? We know how this is going to end." I sneered at her with this random burst of hatred and anger. The Queen just waved her hand and monster man let go of my head in favor of wrapping his hand around my throat squeezing enough to where I wasn't getting the amount of air I needed, but just enough not to pass out too quickly. I gasped trying to pull more air into my lungs while furiously trying to rip his hands off my neck.

"There that sound keep you nice and quite. Now on your the reason you are here. As you know I don't like you," Oh wow that's such a huge surprise (please note my sarcasm) "and I know you're not good enough for my son. But of course since the two of you have started the bonding I can't kill you. But I can keep you here where no one will find you. Maybe I'll just leave you to rot away by yourself, or maybe I'll have people torture you everyday till you don't know what it's like to go a day without pain." Ameril paced the room with a hand up to her chin in thought before shrugging her shoulders turning to face me again.

"Not that it matters. Once Nero comes to terms that you didn't want to be his mate it won't matter what I do with you. He will mate Margaret and have proper children with her. Well he'll actually be able to have children with her, something you would never have been able to give him. Now duty calls, I have to go tell Nero I saw you escaping with Articus and when I tried to stop you, you hit me and screamed saying you couldn't deal with being his mate anymore. It was just too much for you to handle. He's going to be so devastated." She wiped at her eyes like she was crying but there was an evil smile covering her face betraying her true feelings. The only thing I could do was to try and get more air into my lungs so I didn't pass out, God knows what they might do to me if I do. Ameril laughed before sauntering her way out of the room. Monster man let go of me making me fall flat onto the floor trying to get as much air as I could back into my lungs. Once I was able to stop heaving I slowly peeled myself off the floor to see Articus still standing there.

"Alex..."

"Save it asshole. I thought you were my friend. Well maybe not 'friend' but at least someone I could trust. But I guess not." I growled pushing myself was I was leaning against the farthest wall. I reached up rubbing my neck trying to get the throbbing to fade.

"I had no choice Alex."

"Bullshit you didn't. You could have told Nero, he could have prevented this!" My voice cracked as I screamed at him. Articus shook his head closing his eyes.

"She would have found another way. You would have never been save. At least now she won't kill you."

"She might not kill me now but I have to live the rest of my life in this dungeon. I would be better of dead."