Chapter 22

Nero's P.O.V

It was a few more days before Alex was concious enough to know where he was. Before he kept going in and out constantly asking where he was and where I was. When he officially woke up for the first time he glanced around the room with blurry eyes before those piercing blue eyes settled on mine. He weakly reached for my hand trying to pull me on the bed. After a slight hesitation I gently moved him over before climbing in next to him wrapping him in my arms. We spend the next few hours wrapped up in each other's arms before his stomach made a dying whale sound. His face lite up in a blush while I laughed slipping out of the bed. I went down to the kitchen asking the cooks to make some soup and to send it up to my room. I then went to find a maid to go let Derek know Alex woke up. It was a shocker to everyone that he ended up having both fire and water powers. Apparently it's extremely rare for pheonixs to have opposing elements like that. For Alex that means he is extremely powerful but also if people figure out his powers they will come and try to take him and will use him as a weapon.

I walked back into our room to see Alex sitting up with his hands out. One hand held a ball of fire while the other a ball of water.

"This is so weird. To think just a few weeks ago I thought I was just a human boy with a dragon as a mate. Now that's weird on its own too but I've accepted it, but now I find out I'm a pheonix that can control water and fire." The look on his face was a mix between amazed and horrified. I placed the tray of food on the nightstand before climbing into the bed reaching for him hand making the fire and water disappear.

"Don't worry baby we'll figure this out and get you trained on how to control it. And it doesn't matter if you're not 'normal' anymore, you're still you, you're still the Alex I fell in love with just with a few more surprises than either of us thought."

"Wait....you love me?" He whispered starring at our intertwined hands.

"Of course I love you Alex, why wouldn't I? You're kind, caring, and I love the way you can get so far into a book you ignore everything around you. How you look for the bright side in any situation. You're the most wonderful person in the world and I wouldn't want anyone else to be by my side." I cupped his face wiping away the tears that where slowly falling down his face. Alex lunged for me wrapping his arms around my neck causing us to fall back against the bed with him on top of me.

"I love you too Nero so so so much." He whispered into my neck and I felt a new set of tears collecting in my shirt. I kissed his cheek gently rubbing his back. I've never felt like this before, my love for him seems to soak into my entire body. I can't even imagine hurting him in any little way, it would hurt me twice as much to just even see a little tear run down his face in any way other than happiness.

Our little moment was broken from his stomach growling and there being a knock on our bedroom door. Alex sat up on my stomach rubbing his eyes before slipping off me grabbing the tray of food and settling back on his side of the bed. I gave his cheek another quick kiss before going to open the door.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I just got word he was awake and wanted to see him." Derek stood on the other side of the door looking nervous, I guess anyone would be when you get to officially talk to your son for the first time in 19 years. I shook my head opening the door wider letting him in. Derek cautiously walked in heading over to the bed. I grabbed a chair placing it next to Derek. He gave me a small smile before slowly sitting down glancing at Alex.

After a few moments of silence I sighed heading for the door.

"I'll give you guys a few minutes to talk. If you need anything send for a maid to get me. I'll be in my study." As I walked down the hallway I shook my head. Hopefully everything between them goes well.

-----------------------------

Hey guys hopefully you like this chapter. I know it's been awhile but I will try to update a little more. Don't be afraid to give me ideas!! Thanks for voting and commenting!!