Chapter 23

Alex's P.O.V

It's been a couple of weeks since the whole turning into a pheonix fiasco. It's been a stressful few weeks since both Nero and father have put me on a rigorous training schedule. At first I hated training, I would always walk away bruised and sore. All I wanted to do was laying in bed reading mountains of books but noooooo I had to learn how to defend myself. Insert eye roll here. I mean when am I going to leave the castle without Nero by my side? But anyways as the days grew on and my muscles got use to the training I realized it wasn't that bad. Some days I trained with the guards and others I worked all day with Nero when he had the random day off. After the three hours of training I spent another three studying dragon laws and learning about my father's people, well I guess my people now huh? I just don't know what to feel everything has just changed so fast. I went from a nobody working at a library to being both a prince to dragons and to phoenixes, well I don't know if prince is the right word to use for phoenixes since I'm a "royal" so whatever that means to them. Nero has even been letting me help with his princely duties like going over requests from the people and even having face to face meetings with some of them. I honestly don't know how he does it, there's so much to do.

"Sir Alex dinner is being served." said a maid as she walked into the study bowing to me. Oh yeah and that's another thing to get use to, no matter what I tell them everyone calls me sir Alex.

"Thank you Sarah I'll be down in a moment just need to finish this paper work." the maid nodded walking back out of the room. It only took me a few more minutes to finish up the mock paper work regarding pheonix laws that my father gave me. I headed on down to the dining room I saw Nero and father sitting on opposite ends of the table eating in silence. I nodded a hello to father and gave Nero a quick kiss before sitting down at my seat digging into my food.

"I'm planning to head back to my land and I want Alex to come back with me." father said as we finally finished our dinner. Both mine and Nero's head snapped up towards him.

"Well.......for how long exactly?"

"Well if everything goes as planned he will spend the rest of his life there." I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. Spend the rest of my life in a place I don't know surrounded by people and family I should know but don't. Then what about Nero? He can't leave here everyone needs him.

"He is not going with you. He belongs here." Nero growled as his eyes started to change color and his teeth started to sharpen.

"No he belongs with his people. Others like him not here prancing around learning things about dragons. He doesn't belong here and he doesn't belong with you." For having a snarling dragon mere feet from him father seems very calm.

"Oh he belongs with people who stopped looking for him because they hit one road block? He lived in the human world for 2 years before coming here and having the change that you could have found him after he hit 16! He's my mate he belongs with me more than with someone whose only know him for 2 months!" I swear Nero was seconds away from flipping this table, that's how angry he was.

"Did you really expect me to leave here without him? I needed to get him trained enough to be able to come back and hold his own! His future is back with me with someone who is of his species not a hot headed dragon! He already has a life planned for him, it's way better than whatever you can offer him."

"Ok I've had enough! You are done talking about me like I'm not here! I don't care about whatever you have "planned" for me! I'm staying here with Nero and that's final!" I yelled slamming my hands down on the table. I was so angry that I was actually burning the table. I was sick and tired of people trying to decide my life for me. I grew up with that all my life from my "parents" from teachers from bosses and even strangers tried to tell me what I had to do without even getting my input. I'm my own person, I'm the only one to decide what I want to do, no one else.

"You need to understand Alex you're meant to be with us. We have everything set, you are going to take over as leader of the clans and solidify our bond with neighboring clans by being their sons second partner. We have it already planned. He will take you in and all you have to do is being his wife's maid and do whatever she asks. They will protect us!" I was absolutely livid he not only  wanted me to leave Nero he wanted me to essentially marry this dude, who already is married, and being his wife's maid. Like what the hell?

"No I will never do that. How dare you even suggest that?! I want you gone!" I growled before stomping out of the room shoulder checking him and smirking as I heard the sizzle of his clothes burning. I ended up pacing the length of our bedroom before Nero silently walled in wrapping his arms around my waist stuffing his face into the crook of my neck.

"I had the guards escort him out and made sure they are going to follow him until he is out of our lands. I will kill him myself before I let him take you away from me." Nero growled tightening his arms around me.

"I love you." I mumbled kissing his cheek.

"I love you to Alex. Forever and always."

--------------------------

Hey guys long time no read. I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't be afraid to comment your ideas. I'm going to try and pick this story back up but who knows going into bachelor's will be a lot so who knows what will happen. Please like and comment!!