Chapter 13

The next day Nero decided that we should go into town to go buy me some new clothes. I thought it was stupid of him to go buy me new clothes when I brought enough from home but Nero insisted and I couldn't say no so we ended up going through various clothing stores. I expected to be bombarded by people since Nero is the prince but most people ignored us or just smiled politely as they walked by.

"Hey Nero, why isn't anyone coming up to you? You're the prince, aren't you suppose to be surrounded by people?"

"Under different circumstances I would be but I'm usually walking around town doing my own errands or just hanging out with friends so people see me quite a lot. Plus since I'm a dragon, and the prince, I'm the strongest one here so I don't have to worry about people trying to attack me." I nodded my head, that makes sense. Why would you freak out about seeing someone famous if you saw him or her all the time? After awhile you would probably get use to them and not even care that they are famous. We went into a few more stores before stopping at a little café for lunch. I got a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup and Nero got two pulled pork sandwiches. Since it was so nice out we decided to sit where they had a few table and chairs set up. We didn't talk much as we sat there but it didn't feel awkward, it was a comfortable silence.

"I know you haven't been here long, but how do you like everything?" Nero asked out of the blue startling me lightly.

"Its not bad. I'm just going to have to get use to it. I didn't grow up with dragons flying in the air." I joked pointing up to the group of dragons that were flying above the stores.

"Yeah I can understand that. We're lucky, most people here are very relaxed about everything. I've heard stories of other kingdoms where people fight over the littlest of things like stepping slightly in front of someone or knocking into someone by accident."

"Well that's basically how it is home. People take things way too seriously or they feel too entitled and think that they are better than everyone else. Many people will bump into you and yell at you cause you didn't say sorry. Its crazy, everyone just needs to calm down, shut up, and deal. Especially the news companies, they make something out of nothing. If they didn't hype up stories like they do then people would stop protesting so much they would stop picking sides when someone shoots someone else and the reason they did it. It's all bullshit." I ranted not just feeling mad that people can't just get along with everyone else. People are people nothing makes us more special than anyone else but I guess people just don't want to understand that. I blushed realizing that I was talking way more than I needed to but Nero didn't say anything; he just stared at me seeming fully interested.

"Sorry I tend to ramble on when I get mad."

"No worries I like listening to you. You just have a different outlook on things. I like that about you."

"So then you didn't just choose me cause of my witty sense of humor and devilishly handsome looks." I joked finishing up my sandwich. Nero laughed shaking his head.

"No but that definitely went into consideration. I think what swayed my decision was that there was no way you could be a top."

"Uh excuse me?! I could top if I wanted to!" Nero bursted out laughing.

"Yeah ok Alex whatever floats your boat." He said after he finally calmed down. I pouted folding my arms across my chest.

"What makes you think I couldn't top?" Nero chuckled looking me up and down.

"Come on Alex there would be no way for you to top me. I'm three times the size of you." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes feeling myself deflate, he was right, I don't even know why we were arguing about this in the first place.

"Fine, fine you're right. Why are we even having this conversation?" I asked and Nero just shrugged his shoulders. Just as we were about to leave a group of people came running down the sidewalk screaming Nero's name. There had to be about 6 people, mostly boys with only 2 girls. I stepped behind Nero as they neared us not seeming to be anywhere near slowing down.

"Hey guys what's up? I haven't seen you guys around in awhile." Nero held his hand out doing one of those 'bro hugs' with the guys and side hugging the girls.

"Oh yah know we've been hanging out around Amex. A bunch of new people have been showing up and man they are partiers! You should really come down sometime soon. It would be nice to see you breaking the prince façade you have and see the real Nero we use to know." One of the guys said. He had unnaturally red hair and what seemed to be those colored contacts cause you could see the brown peaking out from behind the blue.

"James you know I'm not like that anymore. I actually grew up unlike you whose only mission in life is to get wasted every night. I'm surprised your parents haven't got tired of you and kicked you out." James rolled his eyes putting his hands on his hips.

"Whatever Nero at least I know how to have fun unlike you who has a stick up his butt."

"Ok you two that's enough fighting. I want to know who that cutie is hiding behind you is." One of the girls said. She was about my height, had dark brown hair with blue stripes in it, and had deep brown eyes. She walked closer to us and it had to fight everything in me to not hide further behind Nero. I didn't want to embarrass him anymore than I'm probably already doing. I did however flinch when she suddenly grabbed my hand forcefully pulling me out from behind Nero.

"This is Alex, he's my mate." Nero wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me away from the crazy girl. I glanced at Nero silently thanking him for saving me from the crazy chick that is jumping around excitedly next to us.

"Oh my gosh I always knew you were gay! I just never thought you would have such a cute mate! He's just like a little puppy, I just want to eat him up!" she squealed clapping her hands together jumping even higher. I pushed myself further into Nero desperately wanting to get away from her.

"Calm down Erin you're scaring the poor boy." The quietest boy of the group said pulling her away when she went to grab me again. He was shorter than me but only by a few inches. He also had blond hair like I do and his eyes were a deep forest green.

"But Zander!!!" she wined but Zander wouldn't let her go until she calmed down. We spent the next few minuets talking. The other girls name was Sam, she had black hair with hazel eyes. The other tow boys were fraternal twins named Marshal and Zackery, they had light brown hair, Marshal had blue eyes and Zackery had brown. I liked Zander the best, he was quiet and respected that I like my personal space. James was just a big asshole not caring what he said at all. Like I've said before Erin was crazy but she seemed nice enough. Sam was, as far as I could tell, was a partier like James. My life is definitely going to change if these people are going to be hanging around us more. I just don't know if it's going to be for the better or for the worse.

____________

I know nothing really happened in this chapter but I wanted to introduce some other characters. Let me know what you guys think and don't be afraid to give me any ideas you have. Actually I'm begging you to I have some serious writers block and don't have any idea on where this is going. So please help!