Chapter 8

I sighed anxiously as I stuffed as many pieces of clothing I could into my book bag. Nero told me to only pack one bag of clothes cause when we got to, wherever Nero came from, there would be clothes ready for us. Of course I didn't believe him cause I was very picky with my clothing choices so I wanted to bring as much of my own as I could.

"Alex hurry up! We have to leave soon!" Nero yelled from the living room. I grumbled under my breath shoving more t-shirts into the already over stuffed bag.

"Hold your horses, or in your case dragons, will ya? I'm almost done!" I yelled back trying to zip the bag close but it wasn't happening. I gave up with a growl leaving the bag open as I slung it over my shoulders walking out into the living room.

"What did you do, pack your whole closet?" He asked after seeing my bag. I shrugged trying to slip my shoes on without toppling over. Nero sighed as he leaned down grabbing my shoes for me. I mumbled a 'thanks' before grabbing my keys and wallet. Since I did own this house I didn't want to just leave it or try to sell it from wherever we're going, so I figured I would just bring my keys so if I don't like it there I could always come home. I was really scared about what my new 'home' was going to be like. Would I like it? Would I be able to make friends, not that I have any here. The only things I was excited about was being able to learn about and see other dragons and that I would finally have someone to hold and do all the mushy stuff with.

"So how are we going to get there?" I asked as I followed Nero into the woods.

"Well the kingdom is on an island that's in the sky so that means there's only one way to get there, by flying." He said like it was no big deal.

"Wait, wait, wait. We have to fly? So that means I'm going to have to ride on your back or something?" I asked feeling my heart rate pick up. I wasn't scared of highs per-say I just didn't care for being up in the sky for extended periods of time. That's why I preferred to drive wherever I had to go instead of taking a plane.

"Yeah. That is the only way to get there. You're not afraid of heights are you?" He asked worriedly placing his hands on my biceps rubbing them up and down my arm.

"Not really, I just like being in the air." I turned my head away feeling stupid. I'm supposedly the mate of a dragon and I don't like heights, sounds stupid doesn't it?

"Don't worry Alex I'll make sure you won't fall or anything. Plus I don't think my dragon would let you get hurt." He chuckled. Wait his dragon? What is he talking about?

"What do you mean 'your dragon'? Aren't you the dragon?"

"In a sense I am. When I shift my human body disappears to change into my dragon form but when I am a dragon I have like, how can I put this? I have like another 'person' in me. It's not like a whole other person who's talking to me it's the animal instincts that tend to kick in if I'm in trouble or in a situation I might not be able to get out by myself. So don't be alarmed if I suddenly start acting different it's just my dragon taking over. He does tend to do that a lot." Nero chuckled at the end trying to break the awkwardness, I mean I just found out that Nero basically has 2 personalities when he's a dragon; this is all so much information to take in.

"O-ok..um.. I guess we should get going then huh? Don't want to be late." I chuckled nervously heading off towards the clearing where Nero first showed me what he was. I shifted my bag on my back as Nero stood a few feet away from me starting to strip. When he shifted I couldn't help but marvel at his beauty. It also doesn't help that blue is my favorite color and the bright blue that covered his scales what the best shade of blue in the world.

I gulped as Nero leaned forward pushing me slightly towards the spot where his neck and shoulders met. I placed my foot on one of his scales on his front leg pushing myself up like I would do if I were getting on a horse. Once I was settled Nero extended his wings and crouched getting ready to take off. I slammed my eyes shut wrapping my arms as far around his neck as I could, holding on as tight as I could. I had to bite back a scream as we were suddenly shot up into the air, the wind blew all my hair around and made my eyes water even though they were closed. I didn't dare open my eyes until we leveled out for a few minuets. I slowly peaked open my eyes seeing the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. We were so far up that all I could see were the different colors of the landscape. The sun was almost at its highest point so I casted a beautiful glow onto the clouds we were flying through.

"Ok I take back what I said about not like being up in the air, as long as it's by dragon." I joked and I swear I could feel Nero laughing under me.

********************************

Well I hope you guys enjoyed this slightly longerchapter. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote!