Chapter 14

Nero invited his friends to the castle to hang out for the rest of the day and to say the least I was very uncomfortable. I mean who wouldn't be? I was surrounded by people who I didn't know anything about; I could accidentally say the wrong thing and everything can go to hell. The only good thing was that Nero tried to include me in their conversations but he was too distracted with trying to catch up with everyone. I mumbled that I was going to get a drink before leaving the den. I walked into the kitchen but instead of getting something to drink I leaned against the counter placing my head in my hands sighing.

"You must be very uncomfortable, being around us." I jumped as I heard a voice from the doorway. I looked up to see Zander leaning against the doorframe.

"U-Um yeah kinda. Erin, Jamie, and Sam are just a little too intense for me." I walked over to the fridge grabbing the bottle of apple juice before reaching for a glass, "want one?" Zander shook his head 'no' before sitting down at the counter across from me.

"Yeah they are, you'll get use to it. So I hear you're a human. I've never been to a human town before, what's it like?" he cupped his hands together leaning his chin into them looking very intrigued.

"Well it's quite similar to here, except that people are a little ruder and we do have a different money system. And the biggest thing is that there aren't any dragons flying around." Both Zander and me chuckled. We ended up staying in the kitchen talking for a good 45 minuets before Nero wandered in.

"So I see this is where you two sneaked off two. I was getting worried when you didn't come back." He walked over to me kissing me on the cheek making my face blush nuclear red. Zander chuckled standing up from his seat.

"I'll just leave you two alone. Its getting late so I'll get the gang out of here, Alex if you ever want to talk just give me a call. Nero has my number but anyways it was nice to meet you. Have a good night." Nero nodded his head while I waved goodbye.

"So I see you and Zander are getting along pretty well." I nodded washing out my empty cup.

"Yeah he seems pretty cool. He's a lot more quiet than the others, I wonder how he puts up with them."

"Yeah he's very quiet, he keeps the rest of the lot in check. He's like mother hen to them. I'm sorry about ignoring you tonight; it's just been awhile since I got to hang out with them like that. Princely duties take up a lot of your time." Nero chuckled grabbing my hand as we headed back to our room.

"It's fine I understand. So what's the plan for tomorrow?" I asked fighting back a yawn.

"Well I have to handle some problems our people are having so that might take a few hours but after that I'm completely yours. We can do anything you want." I nodded my head stripping my clothes off slipping into my pajama pants. We both slipped into bed facing each other. Nero ran his hand down my face starring into my eyes.

"I must be the luckiest man on this planet to have a mate like you." I blushed letting my gaze fall to his nose.

"There has to be someone out there better than me."

"See that's what makes you the best. You're not full of yourself like other are and you could care less that I'm a prince. You're one of a kind, a true diamond in the ruff." Nero whispered as he leaned closer forcing me to look into his eyes. I gulped letting my eyes slide closed as he leaned even closer. Our lips met and the world around my melted away and nothing mattered anymore. I can't believe I was having my first kiss, and let me say it was the best thing in the world! The kiss only lasted for a few seconds before Nero pulled back starring me, I blushed shoving my face into his neck wrapping my arms around his stomach. I left I soft rumble coming from his chest that lulled me into a deep sleep.

-------------------

The next morning I woke up still in Nero's hold. I can completely say that, that was the best night of sleep I've ever hand. I stayed asleep the whole night and didn't even have a nightmare, which was unusual for me. I wiggled out of Nero's hold going to the bathroom.

"What are you doing up? It's only 7 in the morning." I heard Nero say from the bed, his voice husky with sleep. I rolled my eyes slipping back into bed.

"Its not that early. As a prince shouldn't you be use to waking up early to do your job?"

"Just because I have to get up that early doesn't mean I like it. I like to take advantage of sleeping in when I can." He rolled onto his back pulling me with him so I was lying on his chest.

"So go back to sleep. I'm sure I can find something to do while you sleep. I have to anyways since you have things to do today."

"Hmm nah I'm up anyways. Might as well get up and make myself useful." He said while stretching. I could feel his impressive muscle flex under me and I had to fight back the urge to run my hands along then, not that Nero would mind anyways. I snorted rolling away from him.

"Yeah ok, you being useful? That would be a sight to see." I joked smirking at Nero.

"Are you saying I'm useless." He growled back jumping on me when I shook my head 'no'. I squealed trying to fight him off as he started to tickle me. We rolled around the bed fighting each other.

"N-Nero s-stop! I-I c-can't breath!" I panted out using the little strength I had to push his face away. Nero pulled back sitting on his knees over my legs. I closed my eyes relaxing against the bed panting trying to catch my breath. When I finally calmed down I opened my eyes to see Nero starring at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes. He smiled down at me before leaning down to kiss me. I reached up running my hands through this luxurious hair.

"Ok now I really need to get up. When I'm all done I'll come to find you." He mumbled pecking my lips before heaving himself off the bed, walking towards the bathroom. I stood up from the bed after a few moments going to the closet to get dressed from the day. When I was done I walked out of the room, waving to the guard that always stands at the end of the hallway, and tried to find my way to the library. These damn hallways! Its like they change every time I walk through them.

"Ah Master Alex walking through the hallways again I see. Hopefully nothing happened again." Articus walked around the corner making me stop.

"No I'm just trying to find the library but for the life of me I can't find my way through these hallways. Plus it doesn't help that everything looks the same." I rolled my eyes. What's the point of having everything look the same anyways? I would get bored of it after awhile, I like changing some things up once in awhile.

"Yes it does look very similar. If you would like I can show you to the library." He offered gesturing down the hallway I assume he came from.

"Yes I would like that, thank you." We walked down the hallway side by side in a semi-awkward silence.

"So.......if you don't mind me asking, what's your job?"

"Well I'm actually Master Nero's personal servant." I paused starring at him.

"Really? Why haven't I met you before?"

"Simple. Master Nero is a jealous man, he wanted you to himself before introducing you to the others." I absent-mindedly nodded my head blushing at the fact that Nero wanted me to himself.

"Well here you are Master Alex. If you need anything there is an intercom on the wall next to the door. Just press number 3 and I'll come assist you."

"Thank you Articus but you don't have to call me Master. It makes me feel weird." I joked rubbing the back of my neck. Articus smiled shaking his head slightly.

"Master Nero wouldn't appreciate that.

"Oh well. If he gets mad just send him my way." I said putting my hands on my hips trying to look tough. Articus chuckled nodding his head before walking away. I swung the double doors open taking in the sight of the huge library. Now the only question is, where do I start?

--------------------------

So how did you guys like this chapter? This is definitelythe longest one yet and I'm going to try to make the rest of the chapters likethis but no promises. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote andfollow!!!