Chapter 11

So like everything else in my life, dinner did not go as planned. First when Nero and me arrived it was completely silent. Nero's father, whose name I still don't know, tried to strike up conversations but nothing stuck. Nero's mother was glaring at me while Nero was glaring at her. You could cut the tension with an axe and not even make a dent. I mean I tried to talk to Nero but he only uttered a few words. I ended up starring at my plate trying to ignore the angry stares. I hated being the center of attention I would rather be the wallflower, just silently watching people. Learning all their secrets to be used against them at a later date.....haha jk jk.....maybe..

Suddenly the doors slammed open and in walked this tall brunette dressed in a mid-thigh dark purple dress that had such a low cut top that her boobs were practically popping out. And honey those definitely weren't real, oh..uh.. I mean they are just exceptionally big.

"Ah Margaret dear. Its nice you showed up." Nero's mother suddenly perked up with a smile blooming across her face.

"Of course Queen Ameril. I wouldn't miss a grand dinner with you and the king." Oh my god her voice was so high pitch I'm surprised that we could hear her not just the dogs. Margaret walked over with what I assume is a 'sexy walk' sitting across from Nero and me. Once she was settled she snapped at the nearest maid demanding a plate of food and a glass of wine. Once again everything went silent except for the sounds of forks and knives scratching against the plates. Once dinner was over Nero whisked me away to our room before giving me quick kiss saying he had to go do some paper work. I laid on the bed grabbing a book planning to read but the door opened and Margaret sauntered in.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" she snapped once she saw me on the bed but she didn't give me any time to answer. She stomped over grabbing my arm yanking me out of the bed and threw me out of the room. I cried as I landed on my arm making pain shoot through my body, standing outside the door was Ameril.

"You listen here you little slut. You're never going to mate Nero even if it's the last thing I do. He's going to marry Margaret, a nice young lady of reputable breeding, while you're just a good for nothing slut who probably tricked my son into thinking you are his mate. A disgusting human who no one probably cares for. You know nothing of our people or history. All you'll just do is hold him back; he'll never be the king he's suppose to be with you as a mate. You're just some piece of trash on the side of the road." Ameril snapped lifting her arm up slapping me across my face. Tears were running down my face, and probably blood, as I got up taking off down the hallway not knowing where I was even going. I ended up slamming against someone's chest falling back on my ass.

"Oh I'm sorry are you ok?" a deep voice said as a hand appeared in front of my face. I took the hand almost falling on my face as the person pulled me up. I luckily caught myself before I fell into the person's chest.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I looked up to see a very handsome man. He had light brown hair and brown eyes. He was a little taller than me but definitely shorter than Nero. I stepped back from him looking around not surprised that I didn't know where I was.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong?" he asked wiping the tears off my face.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"Well you don't look fine to me." I pushed his hand away from me.

"I said I'm fine. Now if you don't mind can you show me the way to the front door." I said trying to hold back my anger, it wasn't his fault I was mad and upset so there was no reason for me to snap at him. I just wanted to get the hell out of here and away from those people even though the thought of being away from Nero but maybe his mother is right. Maybe I'll just hold him back in the long run. I shook my head once I felt tears gather in my eyes, I shouldn't be crying over them. They aren't worth it at all. Brown eyes nodded his head placing his hand on my lower back leading me down the hallway. When we got to the front door brown eyes paused seeming to freeze up. I went to ask him what was wrong but a growl was heard behind us.

"What are you doing with my mate Articus?"

"I did not know he was your mate Nero. I was simply showing him the way out as requested by him." I glanced at Nero quickly looking away after seeing him looking at me hurt.

"What is he talking about Alex? Why are you leaving?"

"Cause..um..I realized that I can't be your mate Nero. I'm sorry." I whispered trying to edge my way towards the door.

"Why do you think that?" I heard Nero walking towards me so I hid behind Articus.

"Cause I can't."

"That's not a good enough reason Alex. I need a real reason." He growled grabbing me before I could bolt to the door. I swallowed thickly looking at him through my eyelashes. What was I going to tell him?

--------------------------
So tell me what you guys think so far!! Savona1227 I hope you like this chapter I put a slight variation to your idea.