Chapter 15

I ended up reading a book about dragon history that was actually in English. It was quiet interesting. As it turns out back in ancient times there were only a few hundred dragons roaming around, this was way before dragons could shift into human beings. Since there weren't many dragons their territories were large and there were miles of unclaimed land between them and other dragons. So finding mates was a difficult job. The males had to leave their territory to try and find a female and once the eggs were laid and hatched he would return to his territory to hopefully find his land untouched by other dragons that could have came through while he was gone. But as the human race evolved and developed better weapons the dragons joined together and somehow learned how to shift into humans, the books didn't go into detail on how that happened. Since the dragons could now blend into their surroundings and were closer to others their numbers grew, but then a few young dragons accidentally changed in front of a group of people. The news of dragons being around again spread like wildfire and many dragons and innocent people were killed because the humans thought the dragons were going to take over and enslave the whole human race so they thought killing them all out solve the problem. So the dragons had to go into hiding again, which lead to this floating kingdom and the 4 others that were in other parts of the world.

"That must be one good book there." I screamed slamming the book closed almost falling off the couch, "Sorry Alex I didn't mean to scare you." Nero chuckled sitting down on the arm of the couch.

"Its ok. Nothing like a heart attack to wake someone up." I mumbled placing my hand on my chest feeling the heart beating like crazy.

"Anyways, what are you reading that's got you so entranced?" Nero leaned over flipping the book over in my hand trying to read the cover.

"It's about your history. I just find it interesting." I shrugged placing the book on the side table standing up stretching my back out.

"Well if you're all done have you decided what you want to do?"

"Can we possibly go swimming?" I asked rubbing my arm feeling awkward.

"Sound like a good idea. We have an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. So we can go in whatever one you want." I smiled nodding my head as Nero grabbed my hand.

"I don't know how you can navigate through those halls. Everything looks the same."

"It's a skill. You'll get used to it after awhile. But until then just ask anyone and they'll help you get to where ever you're going." When we got back to our room we quickly got dressed into our bathing suits, me into the new one we bought the other day and him in his own. I slipped a t-shirt on not really feeling comfortable walking around shirtless in front of strangers. The pool was on the bottom floor, I think, this place is just so big I can't tell what floor we're on. The pool room was like a huge glass dome. The sun was shinning onto the pool making the whole room warm and naturally bright. I kicked my sandals off by a lounger and pulled my shirt off tossing it onto the chair. As I turned I could feel Nero's eyes trailing down my body so I walked into the pool trying to stop myself from blushing. The water was warm but cold enough that if you were coming in from outside it would cool you off. I sighed sinking in the water until only my head was above water. I had to jump back as Nero took off running, cannon balling into the water next to me.

"Come on Nero, really?" I whined wiping the water off my face.

"Oh relax its just water." Nero joked splashing more water at me. I gasped before splashing water back at him. We ended up a water fight, which only ended because Nero picked me up throwing me into the water. When I resurfaced we ended up both laughing our asses off. We stayed in the pool for a few more hours just floating around and talking about nonsense. It was nice to be able to sit and relax; ever since we got here it feels like I've been constantly stressed out. Moving to a new place that you didn't even know existed and had mystical creatures that weren't suppose to be real isn't the most relaxing thing to do. We finally got out once our hands and feet were completely pruney and it felt like we were water logged. Nero told me to sit and relax while he went to get something. I dragged a chair over to one of the windows pushing it open to get the nice breeze. Nero ended up coming back with a tray of food. There were different kinds of sandwiches, fruit salad, bread with some butter, and two glasses of water. I thanked him before grabbing a ham and cheese sandwich and a glass of water. We sat in silence watching the dragons flying in the air.

"Oh I forgot to mention this to you earlier, but I have a meeting with the leaders of the other kingdoms so we agreed to have it here. So in a few days we're going to be swamped with guards, you know since there's going to be 5 very powerful leaders under one roof so I want to you come with me and stay by my side just incase something happens." I went to protest but the look Nero was giving me made me close my mouth nodding my head. I really don't think I need to be protected but as I though about it the more I realized I was stupid. I wouldn't be able to fight against a dragon, they could kill me in a second if they wanted to, hopefully not but the thought is still there.

"So when are they coming? Am I going to have to sit through your meetings? It is just going to be the kings or are they going to bring their families? Are they near our age?" I quickly asked as all these different questions popped into my head and it was like I couldn't stop myself from asking them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. One question at a time," Nero chuckled, "They are coming in two weeks but only us and a few guards know exactly when, you can if you want but if you don't I don't want you very far. I don't know for sure but they will probably bring their mates since none of them have kids, and some are around our age but others are a little bit older."

"Wait if they are our age and you're not technically king yet is it the same thing for them?"

"Two of them are the kings of their people. We usually don't become king until we become fully mated with our partners or if the current king and queen pass away. Prince Axel found his mate a little earlier then the rest of them so they are still in the mating process like us and Prince Leroy. Only Prince Axel is our age. The others are about 10 years older than us."

"Why hasn't um..Prince Leroy found his mate yet since he's older than us?" Nero shrugged grabbing another sandwich.

"I don't know. Some say that his mate passed away before they met and others say he rejected them for some reason."

"But if he rejected them then can he still become king?"

"Not unless there is another heir to take over, which there isn't, so it all up to his father to decide when to pass the title onto Leroy." I nodded my head letting this new information sink in. Man there's a lot of things you have to remember; I wonder how Nero does it. But then again he grew up in this environment so he's probably use to it. Once we finished our lunch Nero said he had to go back to do some more paperwork so I decided to have Articus show me around and try to find my way. It was like he could read my mind cause as I rounded the corner he was just standing there.

"Oh hey Articus I was just going to try and find you. Do you think you can show me around so I can try and figure out my way around."

"Sure Master Alex but its going to take some time till you figure it out.

"That's fine I'm going to be here for awhile so might as well start now." We smiled at each other as he held his elbow as we started to walk down the hallway.