Chapter 9

We had to be flying for at least 5 or more hours. We left home around noon and right now the sun was starting to set. I ended up dozing off a couple of times from the constant beat of Nero's wings behind me and the faint beat of his heartbeat under me. You might think lying on scales for 5 hours would be uncomfortable but it really wasn't. My body was cradled between Nero's shoulders and he was comfortably warm. The only thing I was confused about was how he isn't being seen. Like if you saw a dragon flying in the air wouldn't you tell someone? I don't know maybe it's a dragon thing.

"Wake up Alex we'll be there soon." I jumped from suddenly hearing a voice in my head. I sat up looking around not knowing what to expect.

"What the hell?!"

"Its me Alex. I can talk to you telepathically. One of the many mystical powers of a dragon."

"Ohh. Well why didn't you tell me before?"

"Well you never asked and it didn't come up in conversation."

"You know that's what someone who is cheating on their partner would say." I grumbled stretching my back muscles that were a little stiff from lying on my stomach for so long. I slowly climbed up Nero's neck laying the top half of my chest on his head leaning my head against my arms. His head and the top of his neck were just big enough for me to lie on comfortably and I just barely had enough room to squeeze between his horns. Hopefully I don't gain too much weight from eating the food they have or I wont be able to do this anymore, which would really suck.

"Don't worry I'm not cheating on you."

"Well I don't think its cheating yet considering we're not dating yet."

"But we're mates."

"Yes but we're not technically together yet. We have to go on a few dates then you have to officially ask me out. That's how this works." I laughed as I felt Nero grumble under me.

"I will never fully understand you humans."

"Don't worry we humans don't even understand each other." I heard Nero chuckle as we suddenly took a steep dive down into a bunch of clouds. I screamed wrapping my arms back around his head slamming my eyes closed.

"Open your eyes Alex." I peaked my eyes open to gaze upon the most beautiful place in the world. There were so many exotic trees and plants growing everywhere. The plants were almost every color imaginable, different shades of blue, red, purple, pinks, gold, and silver. There were what looked like different colored apples and oranges hung from various trees. In the center of everything stood a HUGE castle. Oh and there were also dragons flying around everywhere, some with people riding on their back and others were flying next to other dragons. Nero flew around the village before swooping down in front of the gates of the castle. The guards bowed their heads before signaling for the gates to be opened. I squeaked as Nero suddenly shifted grabbing onto his neck so I wouldn't fall on the ground.

"You should really warn a guy before you do that." I grumbled smacking his shoulder lightly.

"Yeah well I like scaring you."

"Well if you keep scaring me then I might just have a heart attack and die." I joked as I slid off his back fixing the pack on my shoulders.

"Well we can't have that can we? Anyways lets go knowing my family they already know I'm here and are dying to see me. I nodded my head letting Nero grab my hand and drag me off into the castle and down various hallways. I'm never going to be able to find my way around! Suddenly we stopped in front two huge doors with more guards standing in front of them.

"Welcome home prince Nero. Your parents are already inside waiting for you." One guard said as they pulled the doors open. The doors opened to reveal a long room sparse of furniture except for chairs at the end of a long red carpet. Sitting in those chairs were two very regal looking people. The man was a spitting image of Nero except for his eye which were a bright green, the woman was about 2 feet shorter than the man with long blond hair that feel about waist level and the striking steel gray eyes Nero had. She was glaring at Nero before her icy glare focused on me. I gulped shifting so I was mostly hidden by Nero's huge form.

"Ahh son it's good to finally have you home after so many years." The man said stepping down from the chair reaching out to give Nero a hug.

"It's good to see you too dad. Hello mother."

"Nero." His mother said not bothering to approach Nero or even send him a smile.

"So I see you brought a guess home. What is your name son?" Nero's father asked turning his attention to me.

"I-It's Alex s-sir." I stuttered feeling myself get anxious again, I hate meeting new people. Nero's father smiled kindly at me while his mother just scoffed casting me a disapproving looks.

"So tell us Nero, why did you decide to bring a human home with you?" His mother asked glaring harder at Nero.

"Well mother he is my mate." Nero's mother gasped blankly before her face morphed into a disgusting face of horror, anger, and outrage.

"That's not possible because....."

-------------------------------------

So what do you guys think she is going to say? What doyou think about the story so far? Any ideas?