Chapter 20

It's been a few weeks since the whole incident with Nero's mother and things have been weird. As you all can possibly guess Nero did not go easy on his mother, he sentenced her to a public execution after a public trail where everyone in the kingdom heard what she did to me. I couldn't believe how many people hated her before this whole incident. I guess she wasn't being the Queen she was suppose to be and the King was too oblivious to see it. In the end many people were happy to see her go. I, of course, couldn't be anywhere near the court yard when this was all going down so I opted to hide in Nero's room the whole day.

Just as I was about to drift off to sleep I felt Nero slip into the bed wrapping his arms around me.

"Hey baby, you still up?" Nero mumbled kissing my shoulder. I moaned rolling over curling up into his chest. Ever since I got out of the cell I've been abnormally cold and nothing keeps me warm like Nero does. Nero pulled the blankets up around my shoulders and held me tighter. I placed my hands against his chest and rubbed my cold feet in between his legs trying to get them warm. Nero chuckled rubbing his hand along my back helping me warm up.

"Go asleep baby. We have a big day planned tomorrow." I nodded sleepily burying my forehead against his neck falling asleep.

-------------------

So Nero's "big day" consisted of us making pizza for lunch then cookies to eat while we had a Disney movie marathon. We spend the day curled up in bed all alone expect for the occasional maid who came to refresh our drinks and take our dishes. At first I objected to having someone else clean up my dirty dishes but after some deep kisses from Nero I accepted the fact that people are going to be doing stuff like this all the time for me no matter how much I protest.

"Babe I know you don't like anyone cleaning up after you but we both know you aren't well enough yet." Nero mumbled cupping my cheek in his hand. I knew he was right, I couldn't stand for long periods of time without feeling light headed. I had lost a lot of muscle and weight from just sitting in that cell that I had a long way to go before I'm even close to where I was or where I need to be. I just feel like an invalid, having someone always there following me making sure I don't fall on my ass or break something. I wasn't raised to have someone do something that I'm capable of doing myself.

"I know it's just weird not being able to do what I use to." I moaned rolling onto my back closing my eyes.

"I know baby but right now our main priority is getting you healthy again. Once you're better you can do anything you want and I won't stop you. I just don't want you to hurt yourself." I sighed rolling over to face Nero. I leaned in giving him a peck on the lips. I don't know what I did to deserve a guy like this. And to think this all started with him getting attacked my another dragon and ending up on the floor of the library.

"I love you." I whispered pulling back from the kiss. My heart was pounding in my chest afraid of what Nero would say.

"I love you too Alex, with all my heart." He whispered back before pulling me back into another kiss. The kiss didn't last long because I was smiling and crying at the same time. Nero just smiled rubbing his nose against mine and wiped the tears away. We laid there sharing lazy kisses basking in the warmth that seemed to surround us since we both confessed.

It was only an hour later that I started to cough violently. Nero sat me up rubbing my back but the coughing just wouldn't stop. It got to the point where I actually started to cough blood. Nero cursed picking me up and racing towards the infirmary. Just as the doctor was going to give me a muscle relaxer to try and get my to stop coughing I just stopped on my own. I panted closing my eyes not wanting to see all the blood that I coughed up.

"What the hell happened? Is he sick?" Nero asked worridly as he wrapped me in his arms and rubbed my back.

"I'm going to have to run some tests to see exactly what's going on but for now let him rest here just in case he goes into another attack." The doc said walking away to probably get stuff to run tests. Why does something always have to go wrong? Why can't I just have a good memory that doesn't end bad?

"Come here baby. Try to relax everything is going to be ok." Nero laid down pulling me against his chest so my head was resting atop his heart.

Just as I was about to drift off to sleep an impatient knock sounded at the door.

"Go away!" Nero growled shifting slightly under me.

"Sir there's someone here you need to meet. It's very important and you better bring Master Alex with you." A guard said with a shaky voice oozing with nervousness.

"Tell whoever it is I'll be down there soon and have my personal guards at the ready." Nero growled before slowly sitting us both up. I moaned rubbing my eyes allowing Nero to man handle me so where the blanket was wrapped tightly around my shoulders. He cradled my against my chest as he left the infirmary and walked towards the throne room. As we entered there was a group of armed guards flanking an older looking man. He stood with an air of authority much like Nero does but there was something different about him.

"So I see it has started already." The man's deep voice echoed through the room making it sound like he was all around you.

"What has started?" Nero growled playing me in his chair and standing in front of me.

"Well King Nero I am Derek and Alex is my son. Right now he is in the middle of turning into a........."

-----------

Ahh cliffhangers are the best aren't they? Anyways I hope you guys like the chapter and OMG THIS STORY IS #66 IN FANSTY OMG THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! I appreciate all the support you guys are giving me!

But anyways I will hopefully start writing more I'm in my last three weeks of Culinary school for my first year. I will be spending the next 3 months at an internship at a local restaurant back home. If anyone has any questions about being in the Culinary field especially baking and pastry feel free to ask away!

One more thing I would like to know know your thoughts on sex scenes. I was recently attacked by someone for having them in my books even though I put warnings for mature content so I would like to know your thoughts on the subject. If you would like sex scenes or not.

Also let me know what mythical creature you would like Alex to be. I kinda have an idea but I would love your input!